Ecotech Vortech Controller Malfunction

Ecotech Customer Service is the best!

They had gotten back to me the following day. They first told me that I did not want to do a firmware update, but instead a full factory reset, and sent these instructions:

To perform a full factory reset on your VorTech controller, please follow the steps below:

1) With the controller powered on, press and hold the "Mode" and Set" buttons until the dial blinks Red, White and Blue.
2) Press and hold the "Mode" button until dial blinks Red and Purple.
3) Press and Hold the "Mode" and "Power/Option" buttons until the pump powers off and resets.



I immediately responded back to them informing them that the above is for the newer controllers that have the "power/option" button. My old controller only has "mode" and "set" buttons. Within an hour or so they responded with this instruction for a soft reset (I guess full reset isn't an option on this old guy):

You can try to perform a soft reset by holding Mode and Set, then mode, and finally mode and set together.


Well, I tried this twice and no go for my controller. I've included both resets for those who might find this information useful with their malfunctioning Ecotech controllers. I am back to running correctly because of a generous local club member who gave me his old controller. :D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new