EcoTech?

jiggysmb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently, I was given 2 MP10 power heads from a family member that were purchased less than 3 years ago. When cleaning the heads, I noticed the magnet part of the wet side cracked open on both and rust flakes were visible. I called EcoTech and they said they were too old and I needed to buy new wet sides for $177. At this premium price, wouldn't you expect the part to last 3 years? Doing a google search this appears to be a common issue, but I also read rare earth magnets should not rust.

I bit the bullet and ordered new wet sides on Dec 21, they arrived the 24th. I immediately put them in the tank and one rattle very badly. Upon inspection, one had a clip that had broken off the magnet retainer. I immediately emailed support in hope of getting a replacement ASAP. Yesterday I called them to find out they had no record of my email or ticket# that came as an autoreply on the 24th. The order was direct through their parts store but the rep asked me to provide proof of purchase and time in use after I explained everything and provided my email that was used on the order. If I purchase an item through your company less than a week ago, you would think your would skip over the non essential steps and just fix the issue. I am not impressed with the warranty support or the price for the quality. I could buy a half dozen power heads for the cost of these wet side replacements that appear to be needed every couple years.

My hope is this is some holiday crew running support, but would love to hear this is not the normal experience with EcoTech. Looking above at the suggested threads, I don't think that is the case.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will not be getting responses (or at least should not) as this is going to be considered vendor feedback to a premier R2R sponsor. Best thing to do is tag them. @Bulk Reef Supply

OP
OP
J

jiggysmb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ecotech did just send an email asking me to call with a new ticket # and requested I pay $1.06 to do a warranty exchange. I am still trying to figure out how they charge more for sending a damaged part but this was the quickest resolution.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.0%
Back