Editing coral pictures

nayrgaijin

Aquaculture Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a camera that suffice' me when I take pictures of my coral.
Today I sent someone 3 pictures interested in a trade.
I sent 1 with a blue led to try and get the colors out since I can't with my camera, then another w/o the led, then one with the coral just in a picture.

My question...
Is it wrong to edit a photo to try and bring out what I can't capture ? Even if I mention it's edited ?
I told the person I sent these pics to that I had to use a blue led to get the colors out.
Anyway after a little editing I made it look somewhat descent, would it be a misrepresentation if I send someone the edited photo ?
Also pics taken under a 20k 150w mh
Original
DSC00669.jpg

Edited
DSC00669-1.jpg

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its fine AS LOONG AS YOU TELL THEM. I mean this is also crossing the line of editing and selling it as what was editied as alot of people do. I think as long as you edite it and tell them show the og if they ask its fine. I mean 90% of the time you can tell when some one ps it.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A simple auto color balance fixes things most the time in cs4

OP
OP
nayrgaijin

nayrgaijin

Aquaculture Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I would never lie about it, I didn't send him the edited photo, I just did it for fun real quick then wanted others opinions.
Thanks m and m :)

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most of the time i just use "auto levels", which makes the whitest part of the image pure white and the blackest part of the picture true black, then adjusts everything in between accordingly. do this before you crop the picture so that there are some black and white pieces in the picture for sure.

ca2or

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think by sending two images...ie before and after editing should suffice. I would still buy it at that point seeing the 2 images.

Can anyone show an example of what the differences are between CS4 fixes and Picasa....I would like to know if the cost is justifyable.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't do ANY editting if I am selling corals. That way the person can make a decision based on my reputation and the pictures to tell.

The pictures of my Purple Hornets are zero editting and full lighting - as an example

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 167 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back