Eel ID

XFeathersx

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2020
Messages
47
Reaction score
94
Location
Madison, WI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A guy is selling his 2 moray eels. The one on the right I can tell is a snowflake but the one on the left I can't tell whether it's a tesselata, zebra, or just a weird pattern snowflake. He bought them when they were 6" long and now ~14". The fish store sold it as a banded eel.
1618417030051.png
 
How close in resemblance is it to a Zebra Moray?
 
Banded zebra and a snowflake
 
There are 2 eels that people will call the banded eel. the one on the left is an Echidna polyzona. Those 2 would be happy to grow up in at least a 75g together, and are generally fish safe, appropriately size fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new