Eel tank

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. Im looking at replacing my biocube with a 55 gallon corner tank that I want to be a predator only tank. Mostly I want some kind of eel as a species tank, maybe a dwarf lion or something down the road but mostly just want an eel. Any suggestions which eel would be the best for this kind of tank?? Was looking at a zebra, wolf or snowflake morays

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. Im looking at replacing my biocube with a 55 gallon corner tank that I want to be a predator only tank. Mostly I want some kind of eel as a species tank, maybe a dwarf lion or something down the road but mostly just want an eel. Any suggestions which eel would be the best for this kind of tank?? Was looking at a zebra, wolf or snowflake morays
If possible I was thinking two eels as the only fish, I actually like my lion where she is!

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll want a lid - and possibly a bigger tank. You'll also need some serious caves or build a set of pipes as many others have.
Ah okay, bigger as in just gallons or not looking for a corner style reef and a more traditional style tank?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah okay, bigger as in just gallons or not looking for a corner style reef and a more traditional style tank?
Your tank will need to have a good lid and excellent filtration. More volume is never a bad thing - especially if you're designing a maze of pipes for it (a quick search on R2R will result in some DIY examples).

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank will need to have a good lid and excellent filtration. More volume is never a bad thing - especially if you're designing a maze of pipes for it (a quick search on R2R will result in some DIY examples).
I think Im getting a 75 gallon with a 20 gallon sump. Unfortunately the guy sold the skimmer so Im going to have to get one unfortunately. I guess the guy is over the hobby after his shark he put in there died (thought 75 was too small for a shark???)

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Im getting a 75 gallon with a 20 gallon sump. Unfortunately the guy sold the skimmer so Im going to have to get one unfortunately. I guess the guy is over the hobby after his shark he put in there died (thought 75 was too small for a shark???)
75 gallons is probably too small for a shark, yeah. Sharks have an entirely different set of requirements that I'm only somewhat familiar with (a friend had stingrays).

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
75 gallons is probably too small for a shark, yeah. Sharks have an entirely different set of requirements that I'm only somewhat familiar with (a friend had stingrays).
So the tank fell through… anyone know a cool predator that can go in a 32??? Had an angler ordered but it came DOA…

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 166 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back