Eels ????Copper safe or copper power safe

  • Thread starter Thread starter puccie1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

puccie1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2022
Messages
270
Reaction score
67
Location
Palm Beach County
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I use Copper power or coppersafe with eels, I have 600 gallon tank and I believe its infected with velvet, I have no place to place the 4 eels so I read little about using copper and it was like 50/50 on eels. Is there any new insight on the medication with eels for treating tank with velvet. Thanks Im going nuts ready to call it quits , thanks again.
 
Can I use Copper power or coppersafe with eels, I have 600 gallon tank and I believe its infected with velvet, I have no place to place the 4 eels so I read little about using copper and it was like 50/50 on eels. Is there any new insight on the medication with eels for treating tank with velvet. Thanks Im going nuts ready to call it quits , thanks again.
Both are safer amine chelated copper product and level for eel should be monitored for stability of levels
 
rumours going round that copper is toxic too eels don't know how true it is
 
rumours going round that copper is toxic too eels don't know how true it is
that's what I thought but some out there are saying opposite, wish someone who used it lets me know or one with the knowledge
 
do you prefer copper power over copper safe I heard that some do?
They work the same but my personal preference is coppersafe

1751235187215.png
 
Your eels may go off feed during copper treatments, but it is the best option for treating them for velvet.
I prefer coppersafe at 2.25 ppm. Get to that dose asap to treat velvet though.
 
Your eels may go off feed during copper treatments, but it is the best option for treating them for velvet.
I prefer coppersafe at 2.25 ppm. Get to that dose asap to treat velvet though.
Thank you I can I run protein skimmer while using copper power, thanks again
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new