Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
During the last feeding I manhandled all of the eels. The snakes feel like snakes. Their bodies are rigid and muscular while the snowflake is far softer and slimier. I'm guessing this is just a continuation of my theory that the snakes body is rigid and streamline designed for burrowing and free swimming while morays are designed for flexibility to go in between rocks and down holes to chase prey and avoid predation.
IMG_5885.jpeg
I saw scaredy in full for the first time in months. I think shes out grown her tunnel and is looking for a new burrow. Worryingly she's significantly shorter (7"-8") then picky (10") though they were the same size when I got them.

Scaredy:
IMG_5959.jpeg
IMG_5955.jpeg

Picky:
IMG_5905.jpeg

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw scaredy in full for the first time in months. I think shes out grown her tunnel and is looking for a new burrow. Worryingly she's significantly shorter (7"-8") then picky (10") though they were the same size when I got them.

Scaredy:
IMG_5959.jpeg
IMG_5955.jpeg

Picky:
IMG_5905.jpeg
Forgot to say I'm going to buy a bunch of rocks and stack them low in the tank to give the engineers the opportunity to make better burrows now they've outgrown their current ones.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
During the last feeding I manhandled all of the eels. The snakes feel like snakes. Their bodies are rigid and muscular while the snowflake is far softer and slimier. I'm guessing this is just a continuation of my theory that the snakes body is rigid and streamline designed for burrowing and free swimming while morays are designed for flexibility to go in between rocks and down holes to chase prey and avoid predation.
IMG_5885.jpeg

Scaredy:
IMG_5959.jpeg
IMG_5955.jpeg

Picky:
IMG_5905.jpeg
I’ve been worried to get an Engineer goby because their size and the size for cave space

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im thinking that a big flat on some little rocks will do. A very low table if that makes sense.
Yea I have more multiple smaller caves and then my 2 large caves. Also don’t have really an open area for the fish of that size to “come out the door” with but I’m sure that wouldn’t bug the fish too much but it would me. The PVC I have is too small. Idk maybe when I upgrade I’ll keep one.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I think the reason that Picky is much bigger than Scaredy is that Picky doesn't hide in the PVC 24/7. He actually is out and I can easily target feed him.

Last edited:

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their bodies are rigid and muscular
TWSS.

Jokes aside, I am back! I didn’t realize I wasn’t following this thread.

What’s the weirdest thing you are crazy for? (Reef-related).

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TWSS.

You don't have to follow :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Hmmm... Good question. I mean theres the obvious that I keep weird rare eels and have a weird goby that is arguably ugly the 95% of the time thats it not flashing. Or that one of my favorite things are my brittle stars.Outside of my tanks I love the weird beasts I'd love to keep if they wouldn't die/kill everything. Cephalopods are my favorite animals though the weird world of things like sea cucumbers, polycheate worms, and nudibranchs are also so fascinating.
Marine Life Dance GIF by Oceana

centipede GIF

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hmmm... Good question. I mean theres the obvious that I keep weird rare eels and have a weird goby that is arguably ugly the 95% of the time thats it not flashing. Or that one of my favorite things are my brittle stars.Outside of my tanks I love the weird beasts I'd love to keep if they wouldn't die/kill everything. Cephalopods are my favorite animals though the weird world of things like sea cucumbers, polycheate worms, and nudibranchs are also so fascinating.

centipede GIF
That’s like a scene from Predator lol

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TWSS.

I know you’re asking him lol…..but crazy is in my name ;)what do you think I’m crazy for? Could you guess?

I thought you didn’t leave……just took the approach of watching ;)

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

centipede GIF

In case you doubt that sea cucumbers are cool here’s an inappropriate video:

Last edited:

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ze Frank is awesome! He's gonna knock Attenborough off his throne soon! ;) :face-with-tears-of-joy:
You Trippin GIF by ALLBLK
Am I Hallucinating Emma Stone GIF by Zombieland

the fresh prince of bel air trippin GIF

WHAT!? How could you say that or think of that!? :anguished-face: No no no my man David is still going strong. Besides no one could replace him not ever. It’s DAVID ATTENBOROUGH man! The OG! He’s the man and the legend ;):slightly-smiling-face::star-struck: He always will be! He’s the brother of Richard Attenborough aka John Hammond to point out! Lol. I honestly think no one could replace him actually thinking about it. His job of course but not “him”.
bbc glastonbury2019 GIF by Glastonbury Festival

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You Trippin GIF by ALLBLK
Am I Hallucinating Emma Stone GIF by Zombieland

the fresh prince of bel air trippin GIF

WHAT!? How could you say that or think of that!? :anguished-face: No no no my man David is still going strong. Besides no one could replace him not ever. It’s DAVID ATTENBOROUGH man! The OG! He’s the man and the legend ;):slightly-smiling-face::star-struck: He always will be! He’s the brother of Richard Attenborough aka John Hammond to point out! Lol. I honestly think no one could replace him actually thinking about it. His job of course but not “him”.
bbc glastonbury2019 GIF by Glastonbury Festival
HAHAHAHA
Only joking! I love David he's like the background to my life basically (also by far the cooler brother). I would not be where I am without him!

Still his refusal to even mention the giant African anteaters does annoy me!

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHAHAHA
Only joking! I love David he's like the background to my life basically (also by far the cooler brother). I would not be where I am without him!

Still his refusal to even mention the giant African anteaters does annoy me!

Well duh his brother is in like only 2 movies while David is literally everywhere :face-with-tears-of-joy:

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still most of Ze Franks videos are factual and those that aren't are so stupid you know hes not being serious. I've learned more from him about odder sea creatures than I have Attenborough.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 142 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.4%
Back