OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was lucky enough to see three eels while snorkeling in Kauai a few weeks ago. We saw two snowflakes, one small, one much larger. They were out in the open digging around rocks for food. Not bothered by us at all.

We saw a nice size moray (not sure which one as it was red with some spots). I thought I was getting it on film, but discovered my camera was pointing somewhere else. oops. Hubby was filming coral next to it and did not see it right away. He got some film, but it was on the side and not as focused. He tried a second time and camera was not cooperating. Funny stuff.

We saw a greenish moray first time in Kauai like 12 years ago. Such cool creatures.
Nice! On a tourist fishing trip. This guy pulled a large moray on board by accident. Chased everyone around the ship for a while before it could be pushed off board.

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably seen in my other thread but I sold the two triggers and the chainlink. I'm sad about the chainlink as it was a fun and very active eel but it was being bullied by the snowflake and one had to go.
Got a couple brittles and a tuxedo urchin as I got some algae and plenty of scraps for the stars.
IMG_5218.jpeg
I know this is an old thread, but I recently got a Chainlink. As you did I like him alot with his activity. Mine too is getting bullied by a Snowflake. Usually during feeding. The lfs said thats when it will usually happen. So far it has been less than this Snowflake attacked another snowflake. I also have a Barred eel that bothers no one and I bought it with the Snowflake from the same person.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I inow this is an old thread, but I recently got a Chainlink. As you did I like him alot with his activity. Mine too is getting bullied by a Snowflake. Usually during feeding. The lfs said thats when it will usually happen. So far it has been less than this Snowflake attacked another snowflake. I also have a Barred eel that bothers no one and I bought it with th Snowflake from the same person.
Mine got on really well with eachother. Sharing the same holes and they looked super cute but the aggression got worse and worse until eventually they chased eachother every feeding. So one had to go and it was easier to catch the chainlink.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well sadly my smaller engineer goby suddenly died last night. It seemed healthy in the day and was eating. Then found it floating after lights out. It must have died shortly after. No idea what went wrong. It was the first fish in this tank.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They absolutely unique. I hope the other pulls through. I have no advice :( i was reading your thread about them. It's heart breaking.
The other one looks completely fine. It could be the culprit honestly. Luckily it doesn't appear to be anything contagious.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of foxface is that? Beautiful, great video.
Thank you! Its a magnificent foxface. The prettiest but some complain that its more temperamental then the other species.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know exactly what store that is and I hate it too. I still have no idea how they are still open.
Yeah
It’s got a huge stock and some very cool stuff but it also looks so rundown. I’ve been there for over an hour and never managed to get any employees to help me.
Every other store the employees are so eager to help and chat. Not this one.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I lost the Māori wrasse but I’ve got a Thalassoma lunare instead and this one is not putting up with any bullying despite being tiny.
Also got a cool new urchin though I do not know the species.
IMG_3825.jpeg
IMG_3831.jpeg
IMG_3817.jpeg
F75B8F0F-3124-4C4D-A718-A75055F3DA57.jpeg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 106 76.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back