Eelysium

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also apparently snake people prefer my fish to fish people:

The best comparison I saw for the Banded Snake Eel was ‘The sand worm from beetlejuice’

I love watching them just glide. They really mimic the Sea Snakes so well with the way they swim. I’ve never seen some of our larger eels swim like these guys. Then again it’s rare any of the larger eels swim in captivity unless in huge tanks.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love watching them just glide. They really mimic the Sea Snakes so well with the way they swim. I’ve never seen some of our larger eels swim like these guys. Then again it’s rare any of the larger eels swim in captivity unless in huge tanks.
Different type of eel. Morays are lazy ambush predators while these are active hunters. My moray never swims either. I mean though they are both eels they’re in different suborders and are actually very different.
Hey I didn’t know you had a Bellus in your other tank?! You should put it in your main reef !
Unfortunately died. I added a second and both got sick and died. Don’t know why but it was an expensive loss. About a year ago though.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1687445752105.png

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well @lion king there was a mix up and I got the wrong Lionfish. So I've got a volitan instead:
IMG_7128.jpeg
They’re equally as beautiful but I guess your fish may disagree…

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love them as juveniles, absolutely stunning but you know I like the weird and of course I would have preferred a smaller fish. So far its been checked out by both of the scary eels without major incident. Though I'm shocked the goldspot did not get stung.
IMG_7130.jpeg

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity, are you going to get another lion (I assume you’re after a Fu Manchu)?
I certainly wouldn't mind a Fu Manchu (though I don't know how difficult they are) but I was actually trying to get a fuzzy dwarf, Dendrochirus brachypterus.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well @lion king there was a mix up and I got the wrong Lionfish, I've got a volitan instead:
IMG_7128.jpeg

How did that happen, at least they are easy to feed. What size tank are they in and what other fish are with them, that's your only concern. And yes, the fu manchu is likely the most difficult of the small lions. I did have one I had for almost 9 years.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did that happen, at least they are easy to feed. What size tank are they in and what other fish are with them, that's your only concern. And yes, the fu manchu is likely the most difficult of the small lions. I did have one I had for almost 9 years.
Long story is that a friend owed me a favor and wanted to buy me a couple fish from Dr Reef. Somewhere down the line there was a mix up and I got the wrong fish.

It’s a 6’x18”x24” with angels, wrasse, and the small eels.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to the fish store I hate for feeder guppies and of course they were almost out.
IMG_7161.jpeg
Heres their craziest stock:
A $2000 Japanese golden jeweled:
IMG_7154.jpeg
IMG_7153.jpeg IMG_7155.jpeg IMG_7156.jpeg IMG_7158.jpeg IMG_7159.jpeg 5A23E390-FEF7-4E64-8404-21A16429F56F.jpeg
I love the Dragon Eels, I just dislike the price tag on them.
Same with Eppaulette Sharks.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lionfish immediately ate!
So quickly I couldn't get the camera out after adding them. For some reason after a couple it started spitting them out. Even stranger the cleaner wrasse did the same. Swallowed one and then spit it out uninjured.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was lucky enough to see three eels while snorkeling in Kauai a few weeks ago. We saw two snowflakes, one small, one much larger. They were out in the open digging around rocks for food. Not bothered by us at all.

We saw a nice size moray (not sure which one as it was red with some spots). I thought I was getting it on film, but discovered my camera was pointing somewhere else. oops. Hubby was filming coral next to it and did not see it right away. He got some film, but it was on the side and not as focused. He tried a second time and camera was not cooperating. Funny stuff.

We saw a greenish moray first time in Kauai like 12 years ago. Such cool creatures.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back