Eggs?

gashunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for the past couple of nights ive noticed these little white things appear on my rocks i have no idea what they are i feel like they could be eggs but what do i know its not just located in one area they are all over there place and id say i count about 20 of them what ever they are

IMG_1193.JPG

IMG_1194.JPG

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree it's hard to tell from the pics, but I'd guess snails. Have you tried taking one out of the tank to check it out and looking at it with a magnifying glass or jeweler's loup?

OP
OP
gashunk

gashunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda hard to tell from the pictures. Any chance of getting better ones? [HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG] may be able to help.
I will try and get better pics tonight
They're a little rounded to be eggs, but I could be wrong. They're not little collonista snails or something like that, are they? I agree to try and pluck one out.

No I haven't tried to pluck one out and Yeahh they are rounded but what gets me is durnjng the day they are gone

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
well i have 5 types of snails. Zebra/ margarita(95% positive its their eggs) trochus witch shoot sperm and eggs into water clumn. Bumble bee snails that bred successfully but not sure if its their eggs. Stomenella witch also release into water column. And nassarious that lay egg sacks that are clear with tiny white dots inside them

OP
OP
gashunk

gashunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh okay I have narassus snails in my tank as well as bumble bee snails but those are the only two types I have how how did you have success hatching the eggs? I wouldn't mind my hand at trying to
well i have 5 types of snails. Zebra/ margarita(95% positive its their eggs) trochus witch shoot sperm and eggs into water clumn. Bumble bee snails that bred successfully but not sure if its their eggs. Stomenella witch also release into water column. And nassarious that lay egg sacks that are clear with tiny white dots inside them

OP
OP
gashunk

gashunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are indeed little snails which one I have no idea

Zenlikeyoda

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baby Snail! I have a love and hate relationship with them. Its interesting watching them swarm up the walls/ rocks /sand at night but not cool as adults when they are found killing themselves (and blocking it in the process) my pumps. The Trochus were the biggest offenders of that so hopefully you will not have the same problem as I did (happy little breeders that they are!)

OP
OP
gashunk

gashunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baby Snail! I have a love and hate relationship with them. Its interesting watching them swarm up the walls/ rocks /sand at night but not cool as adults when they are found killing themselves (and blocking it in the process) my pumps. The Trochus were the biggest offenders of that so hopefully you will not have the same problem as I did (happy little breeders that they are!)
how big will they get as adults? where did they come from? they are cool but are they good for the tank they are cleaners rite

Zenlikeyoda

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how big will they get as adults? where did they come from? they are cool but are they good for the tank they are cleaners rite

So far my swarm of baby snails have not reached adult size so I am not sure exactly which ones they are (we got a mixed cleaner crew some months back) but the Trochus snails were my original crew - THOSE are the buggers that I would be pulling out of the pump. But regardless... there is such a thing as too many cleaners (at least in my case). If you have as many as I have you may need to collect some out for removal before they overtake. I do not know how many snail deaths are required to elevate levels in the tank (I have a 150G w a large sump underneath) but they provide a nuisance just by clogging my pumps (oh and my VorTech propeller pumps).

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back