Ehiem rimless tanks are they tempered? 47 gallon

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m just leaving petsmart of all places and they have a 47g open top (rimless) tank for $149! After some convincing they let me look inside the white box that didn’t even have the dimensions on it. The sides were noticeably thinner then the long panes and the corner didn’t look perfect as far as silicone sloppiness but keep in mind I only saw the tank with my head in the box.

My wife is trying to convince me to get it but despite the fact we left and came back I left without it.

We live in an area where people tend to sell their used tanks for more than they cost new and there are no actual fish stores. So it was real temping but I managed to have some restraint. The fact I have no room for it also played a factor. But if anyone knows anything about these tanks, I may decide tomorrow to go back...

Concerns are the glass thickness, why does petsmart have made in Germany discontinued tanks? I’m also not sure if the tank is tempered or not.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the model number of the tank and email the questions to Ehiem directly. They do customer service. Unfortunately they are not a sponsor here with a sponsor forum.

Hndakd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m just leaving petsmart of all places and they have a 47g open top (rimless) tank for $149! After some convincing they let me look inside the white box that didn’t even have the dimensions on it. The sides were noticeably thinner then the long panes and the corner didn’t look perfect as far as silicone sloppiness but keep in mind I only saw the tank with my head in the box.

My wife is trying to convince me to get it but despite the fact we left and came back I left without it.

We live in an area where people tend to sell their used tanks for more than they cost new and there are no actual fish stores. So it was real temping but I managed to have some restraint. The fact I have no room for it also played a factor. But if anyone knows anything about these tanks, I may decide tomorrow to go back...

Concerns are the glass thickness, why does petsmart have made in Germany discontinued tanks? I’m also not sure if the tank is tempered or not.

Well, I just bought one of these. The 47g one. I called eheim and they said that some are and some arent depends on what they have laying around. Also told me that some are starfire... so maybe maybe not. I drilled mine after I checked with a polarizing lense.

Attachments

• 20210104_171330.jpg
    20210104_171330.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 1,237
  • 20210104_164229.jpg
    20210104_164229.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 552

leesargent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I came close to buying one today. They are On Sale for 100 now.

Walterego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

andrewkw, I was looking at one of the Petsmart eheim 47 gallon rimless aquariums And noted the non-beveled edges and the amount of black silicone. After your experience with the tank should I be concerned about not having beveled edges? Thanks, Walter

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back