Eibli Angelfish & Corals

PuffersMadeMeDoIt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all!

I started a FOWLR tank with a toby puffer, angelfish, and butterflyfish. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to keep a butterflyfish, and I don't have the heart to keep trying and failing on the poor lil' guys. So, I've been slowly adding corals to my previously known FOWLR. The toby puffer is a Bennett's and has been leaving all corals alone (he's fat fat). The Eibli angelfish likes to investigate, but has really only taken a real liking to acans.

So my question is, do those with similar angelfish notice a pattern with your fish and what corals they will pick at based on the ones they've already picked at? For example, I know my angel likes acans but leaves alone my blastos, gonis, mushrooms, frogspawn, hammers, and favias. So, do y'all think his appetite will stick to acans only, or do you think he would go after an acanthophyllia? Is there any way to pinpoint their coral appetite besides trial and error? When I see him pick on the acans it's mostly on the skeleton around the edges of the flesh. So I'm thinking (hoping) an acanthophyllia looking more like full flesh kind of like my blastos, he may leave it alone?

I'd really love to add an acanthophyllia, but obviously don't want to put it in a tank where it will shortly meet its death by angelfish lol. I have alternative tanks I could move the acanthophyllia to, but would love if it could be in this tank as it's one I see the most in my home office.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%
Back