Elavate Sump in stock tank

Fred2482

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy question, I have a sump that feeds a 100 gallon rubbermaid stock tank before returning to the display. I have another sump I would like to put "in" the stock tank elevated which would be feed by original sump and then feed stock tank below. Basically insert another sump between current sump and stock tank. My question is what is the best way to elevate the sump? I purchased egg crate thinking I had this solved, until I realized how heavy the ALL glass sump is!!

WHY???? 1st sump would fit skimmer, second would act as refugium. I have 2 because 1 was damaged during delivery, which was replaced. I siliconed the second, however I feel more comfortable if the stock tank was directly under it.

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy question, I have a sump that feeds a 100 gallon rubbermaid stock tank before returning to the display. I have another sump I would like to put "in" the stock tank elevated which would be feed by original sump and then feed stock tank below. Basically insert another sump between current sump and stock tank. My question is what is the best way to elevate the sump? I purchased egg crate thinking I had this solved, until I realized how heavy the ALL glass sump is!!

WHY???? 1st sump would fit skimmer, second would act as refugium. I have 2 because 1 was damaged during delivery, which was replaced. I siliconed the second, however I feel more comfortable if the stock tank was directly under it.
Might b expensive but how about stainless steel mesh grateing or IV seen tanks supported w thick wall pvc good luck R

OP
OP
Fred2482

Fred2482

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might b expensive but how about stainless steel mesh grateing or IV seen tanks supported w thick wall pvc good luck R

If I cant take advantage of the extra sump without investing a lot of $$, I would probably just do something alot cheaper. The sump isn't required, just nice! I have thought about potentially cutting pvc pipe in half, not sure it would hold or if I could actually cut it, lol. Thanks!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 81 46.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back