OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be posting a full review of some products my tank currently uses. Lots to talk about, but tonight is spiderman night!! :D

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some tank changes for the new house

So as my wife and I were looking around the house to see what comes with us and what we'll sell off, because it doesn't fit in the new house... we came across something we gained when we bought the house. I was really shocked the prior owners left this as it's a really nice piece of furniture.

P1020668Medium.jpg

P1020670Medium.jpg

We were going to sell it off since it doesn't really have a place in the new until I got an idea. I liked this piece of furniture so much, I've decided to make it my new stand. It will take some modifications on the shelves, but I am going to have it house the electronics, like I now have in my reef nook. I think it will be neat to have pull out shelves that gives access to the monitoring systems. To be honest, the shelves won't need to be accessed often... I have an Apex Jr., and I do all the monitoring from my phone.

As for the canopy, I think I am going to have a carpenter match the wood and design of the stand and make me a canopy that will house the LEDs and hide the back equipment (Since I am sumpless).

I think this plan will really class up and knock some charm into the tank. I still need to come up with an idea to house the ATO container, but I'm sure the carpenter could work some magic there as well.

If you've seen the above video (Prior post), then you'll know what I am talking about when I make mention of the yellow fiji leather I have. Unfortunately, while the growth has been phenomenal, the color still sucks under LEDs. I am not sure why but yellows look like poo. The leather is also hindering the other corals around it and it always looks mad during the day and happy at night. I want a tank that looks happy daily, not nightly. I think I am going to remove it and replace it with some other coral.. maybe a nice SPS or something. I would love to get a spongdodes (Or however you spell that Monti) but I think adding a blue coral of some sort may look better. We'll see after the move I guess!

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hoping to post a review of the Feeder set up I have, and the Apex Jr. tonight, should time allow!

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as my wife and I were looking around the house to see what comes with us and what we'll sell off, because it doesn't fit in the new house... we came across something we gained when we bought the house. I was really shocked the prior owners left this as it's a really nice piece of furniture.

P1020668Medium.jpg

P1020670Medium.jpg

We were going to sell it off since it doesn't really have a place in the new until I got an idea. I liked this piece of furniture so much, I've decided to make it my new stand. It will take some modifications on the shelves, but I am going to have it house the electronics, like I now have in my reef nook. I think it will be neat to have pull out shelves that gives access to the monitoring systems. To be honest, the shelves won't need to be accessed often... I have an Apex Jr., and I do all the monitoring from my phone.

As for the canopy, I think I am going to have a carpenter match the wood and design of the stand and make me a canopy that will house the LEDs and hide the back equipment (Since I am sumpless).

I think this plan will really class up and knock some charm into the tank. I still need to come up with an idea to house the ATO container, but I'm sure the carpenter could work some magic there as well.

If you've seen the above video (Prior post), then you'll know what I am talking about when I make mention of the yellow fiji leather I have. Unfortunately, while the growth has been phenomenal, the color still sucks under LEDs. I am not sure why but yellows look like poo. The leather is also hindering the other corals around it and it always looks mad during the day and happy at night. I want a tank that looks happy daily, not nightly. I think I am going to remove it and replace it with some other coral.. maybe a nice SPS or something. I would love to get a spongdodes (Or however you spell that Monti) but I think adding a blue coral of some sort may look better. We'll see after the move I guess!

That is going to make one beautiful looking stand. Stunning looking tank, love the movement from the softies.

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Barb! I'm looking forward to modufying this bad boy, but am not looking forward to the actual move. XD

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as much as I like Reeffiltration's 120w 18K LED fixture, I want to add 2 x 39w T5's, that I already have the parts for (My old lighting system). What I want is to get the right bulbs for the job: Make the tank less blue, while also making my yellow fiji leathers actually yellow. I am not sure why, but their yellow color is completely washed out. The ricordias also have some of their orange washed out, so any bulb y'all can suggest would be much appreciated. I was thinking maybe an ATI aquablue special (12K bulb) and a Purple Plus, or maybe try the Coral Plus bulbs.

What do y'all think?

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Point and shoot photos and boredom - Actinics only unfortunately

Not my best work, I really need to learn how to take photos...

P1020765Medium.jpg

P1020770Medium.jpg

P1020773Medium.jpg

P1020774Medium.jpg

P1020781Medium.jpg

P1020786Medium.jpg

P1020789Medium.jpg

P1020794Medium.jpg

P1020796Medium.jpg

P1020798Medium.jpg

P1020801Medium.jpg

P1020808Medium.jpg

P1020809Medium.jpg

P1020810Medium.jpg

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man I am digging the new possible stand. I think that is a killer idea! Also nice video btw....the tank is looking great!!! Sorry i can't help with the bulb situtation...i am still using the good ole Sun Pod. I am saving LED's for a tank upgrade....one day.

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man I am digging the new possible stand. I think that is a killer idea! Also nice video btw....the tank is looking great!!! Sorry i can't help with the bulb situtation...i am still using the good ole Sun Pod. I am saving LED's for a tank upgrade....one day.

Thanks! I am really looking forward to modding this stand and hiring a carpenter to build me a matching canopy. Thanks again.. the tank is doing well but is now scared about this move. Hopefully it all goes smoothly! I'll keep asking around but Luke had suggested I use something like the Aqua Blue Specials.. at 12K they may help balance out the colors some.

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Testing out video insert thingy

Watch it in HD!

[video=youtube_share;r9ShvoOSGC8]http://youtu.be/r9ShvoOSGC8?hd=1[/video]

Degener8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank man. I love the look and feel of a LPS softy dokminant tank. Great job and love the scape in there Loads of room for fish to swim through.

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shot a new video of the tank! HD as usual. :) This is probably going to be the last video before I make the near 700 mile move to Fort Myers FL... this is not going to be fun!

[video=youtube_share;NkjfRYutW4A]http://youtu.be/NkjfRYutW4A?hd=1[/video]

Last edited:
OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Brad! Man it's going to be so nice to be in a reefing community again, I can't wait to visit the LFS and seeing other people's tanks!

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Brad! Man it's going to be so nice to be in a reefing community again, I can't wait to visit the LFS and seeing other people's tanks!

We got plenty of LFS here, but I also take day trips to Tampa.

Country Boy using tapatalk on his EVO

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back