Elegance coral confusion

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a aussie elegance, its the tipical green base with long purple tip tentacles I've had it for 8 months and doing great. I got a pink tip 2 months ago but it looks diffrent, the tentacles and short has more folds , it eats and is healthy, is there a reason they look so diffrent ? Are there 2 kinds or species of elegance corals ?

Tennyson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics would help! Coral of the same species can take on really different appearances depending on how happy they are. Shorter tentacles could mean its still not 100% adjusted to your system.

OP
OP
Eddie7144

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics would help! Coral of the same species can take on really different appearances depending on how happy they are. Shorter tentacles could mean its still not 100% adjusted to your system.
This is the pink tip , sorry dont have a pic of the purple tip

20190811_173355.jpg

slgcmg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are typically all the same, some just extend further than others...

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It just may be from where they came from, Lighting and flow and a few months in your tank may totally change.

I watched mine go from short polyps when I bought it to long polyps later as it settled into my tank..

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are really two “types” of elegance that are prominent in the hobby. The Aussie (Australian) and the Indo (Indonesian). Because of the ban, it may be tougher to get an Indo Elegance. That being said, Aussie Elegance’s are notoriously easier to take care of. Further, I agree with @Hemmdog, something looks off with your elegance.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back