Elegance coral dying

  • Thread starter Thread starter StT
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

StT

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Location
Shelburne
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone
My elegance coral is dying. Its size has been reduced to 80% of the regular size and it has some puffy stuff on the edges. Please take a look, zoom in and let me know if there is anything I can do to save it.
Thanks a lot

4DED13F9-AD9B-4258-9024-70E81D1072C7.jpeg
 
Without any info on your tank it’s hard to say
Also taking a coral out of the tank when its stressed/dying is not something you should do, it only makes it worse
 
Like the others said, check your parameters make sure everything is OK. I'd try giving it a dip, it can't hurt, but IME when they look like that they're goners.
 
White stuff appears to be a bacterial infection. Not much can be done at this point could try a peroxide or iodine drip but prob too far gone.
 
Thank you everybody.
I took it out just to take a picture.
all the other corals are ok.
However, its a nano reef. No fish. Very difficult to maintain.
It was great for almost one year. Except it did not like any attachment. It was sitting nicely in a bottom corner.
Now some of the white stuff fell off the coral. It may be bacterial infection as JGT suggested. I will try a dip.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new