Elegance Coral - fully detached, can it reattach like a mushroom? Any chance of survival?

danR777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My elegance has fully detached from its skeleton. I’ve had it for 2 years. I put him inside of a small rock that had a clam shell embedded in it (a deep pocket basically). It fits perfectly in there. Do they have the ability to attach themselves to rock like mushrooms or they have to build/rebuild their skeleton only? The rock is inside of a magnetic isolation box for the last 24 hours… the elegance is expanded inside of it but I’m sure it will freely fly away with flow if I move it.

I have heard about cutting soda bottle tops and/or pvc pipes to fit detached ones inside but I think their survival is slim. Anyone have experience with this?

IMG_2237.jpeg IMG_2236.jpeg

OP
OP
D

danR777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

Its still alive & flourishing in it's tiny box lol... probably will try to move it to my smaller tank for better chance of not getting blown out of it's new home
new home in a 3d printed coral cage I made for it, I will post his hopefully his survival story here one day since all I have read there seems to never be an update on how it did

1701287936634.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back