Elegance coral placement

mr.lordacan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2022
Messages
205
Reaction score
98
Location
florence
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I am getting ready to place an elegance coral in my tank and wondering about how to place it on my sand bed. Should I place the elegance on the sand bed or should I plan to bury the skeleton into the sand bed to prop it upwards? My sand bed is on the shallower side (1”) for where I’d like to place it. Anyone have best practice tips for placement?
 
Elegance was always one of the most finicky corals for me to place and that was usually Flow dependant.

I never buried the skeleton as when totally expanded, the tissue would totally encase the skeleton below.

I always had the best luck (fully open and expressive) with medium light flow, moving directly toward the face of the coral
PXL_20211220_024720399.jpg
 
Thanks! I have a good spot in terms of light/flow. I may set it on the sand and see how it responds before I try burying the skeleton
 
Thanks! I have a good spot in terms of light/flow. I may set it on the sand and see how it responds before I try burying the skeleton
any luck? just got my first one yesterday and it slightly opened but don’t see any tentacles
 
any luck? just got my first one yesterday and it slightly opened but don’t see any tentacles
Mine didn't really do much on the first day but the second mam oh man
 

Attachments

  • 20220819_155059.jpg
    20220819_155059.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 145
I just placed the rock mine is glued to directly on the sand. It changes it’s shape all the time but is happy. The rock it’s on is only about a half inch thick. 88BC5381-8DBE-4E48-9031-92371372BFCF.jpeg A8C45CE2-0FD8-4B91-87F5-FC40E520E6CE.jpeg BD0EC10A-F6CB-462B-B161-250014537F35.jpeg 69E05F4F-27CA-41F6-8593-C667BC77FFD0.jpeg D3B19B76-0DED-4D29-BB69-D55EB4E86281.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new