Elegance coral question

snappa1953

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is the same corner it has always had. The problem arose fue to me increasing gyre speed and causing part of it to tear away from the skeleton. Disease set in and the rest followed.
d5ce5a81b433cf345b2271ed6ff24a27.jpg

christy.alm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep it's kind of luck of the draw with the Elegance. If it's Indonesian you are basically doomed. The Australian have a better chance at making it probably due to the handling at the source. Also try feeding it if you haven't already. Mine went through swings at first when I was feeding once a week. Now I feed multiple times a week and have no issues.

What do you feed yours? target feeding I am assuming.

christy.alm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Brad, sorry to see you over here under such conditions. Is this the original place you started this elegance? Maybe an anti bac dip and placed in lower light may help. Light always seems to amplift problems when present. as stated above, the Australian variety tend to do better in our tanks. My opinion is that the corals pulled from Indonesia are living in deeper waters compared to Austaralian corals. I had a buddy order about 40 colonies from a trans shipper in Indo and he lost most of them to bleaching. I hope it bounces back for you man!

So they like to be in the bottom, what type of light sounds like less by what you are saying.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back