Elegance coral Question

Surfandturf

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
805
Reaction score
533
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. My elegance seems to be lifting from it's skeleton a bit. All of my parameters seem fine. I am dosing NOPOX daily, but always have. I have had this coral for about 5 years now in multiple tanks and never had this issue. Any ideas?

20220117_181122.jpg
 
Assure you have sufficient calcium, alk, ph and that phosphate/nitrate not elevated
 
Nah. I mean I may have a had a phosphate reduction spike if that makes sense. But my phosphates didn't go up. It's weird. In all the years I have owned it, I never saw it detach from its skeleton before.
 
The fact that it’s not a huge volleyball size colony after 5 years is intriguing to me. Usually elegance blows up once it gets comfortable, maybe it’s lacking in some trace element area
 
It is actually pretty large. Maybe about 12 inches when open fully. Everything was good and then one day it just looked like the bottom peeled off the skeleton. Really strange.
 
Hi all. My elegance seems to be lifting from it's skeleton a bit. All of my parameters seem fine. I am dosing NOPOX daily, but always have. I have had this coral for about 5 years now in multiple tanks and never had this issue. Any ideas?

20220117_181122.jpg
Maybe a freshwater treatment? Looks like an infection.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new