OP
OP
L

Lionsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I did a WC and added some corals yesterday. I have 3 wrasse in my QT which I can transfer in just over a week.

mar 8 2020 pic4.jpg

OP
OP
L

Lionsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting to spend lots of time watching my tank. This past weekend I put together a free standing IKEA cabinet to house my controllers for the Red Dragon pump, Vortech MP40 plus my battery back-up for the Vortechs. In addition I finally set up my APEX. Tonight I took some new pictures to document coral and fish growth. My corals are starting to take off and encrust on the rocks and my fish are getting fatter.
purple tang april 4 2020.jpg
coral apr 2 2020.jpg

ryanmcgookey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Elos 120 (prior model without quiet drain and metal stand. Also set up as a peninsula. Mine has 79 gallons display volume - 90 gallons in new model based on front to back increase in depth

Best rimless aquarium you can buy. If anyone recommends waterbox Red Sea for a peninsula rimless let me know, I want to upgrade to something over 100 gallons. I’m a bit nervous about Elos USA support and it’s difficult to a source an aquarium coming from Italy. The glass quality and design focus is second to none for any complete system type aquarium.

Few questions-
what type of water level from the top of glass door the new models have.? I love having about 2 inches from water to top to help less splashing when cleaning and fish jumping.

also does the stand have doors that. An open and close or just removable magnetic panels all around? Trying to figure that out. Considering upgrading to the 160.

Also with the Bashea sump how can you manage top off chamber. My stock Eli’s sump has an 8 gallon res built in but not sure the new sumps Elos provides do.
The Elos USA team has been tough to work with as it has been for years.

ELOSAmerica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few questions-
what type of water level from the top of glass door the new models have.? I love having about 2 inches from water to top to help less splashing when cleaning and fish jumping.

also does the stand have doors that. An open and close or just removable magnetic panels all around? Trying to figure that out. Considering upgrading to the 160.

Also with the Bashea sump how can you manage top off chamber. My stock Eli’s sump has an 8 gallon res built in but not sure the new sumps Elos provides do.
The Elos USA team has been tough to work wi
the water height is about 2'', it can evolve according to the power of the pump, but cannot go lower than 2''.

the ELOS Absolut stand can be completely opened, because all panels are magnetized and 100% removable.
so we have easy access to all parts of the stand .

ELOS America does not supply a sump specifically for its system, but works with either Bashsea or Royal Exclusiv for a filtration system adapted to the needs of these customers.
Royal exclusive has also designed a kit specifically for ELOS and has incorporated a water reserve and a refugium
you can also order the system without any filter and take a model from another manufacturer.

ELOS America, remains at your service to help you choose what you need.

francois

OP
OP
L

Lionsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Elos 120 (prior model without quiet drain and metal stand. Also set up as a peninsula. Mine has 79 gallons display volume - 90 gallons in new model based on front to back increase in depth

Best rimless aquarium you can buy. If anyone recommends waterbox Red Sea for a peninsula rimless let me know, I want to upgrade to something over 100 gallons. I’m a bit nervous about Elos USA support and it’s difficult to a source an aquarium coming from Italy. The glass quality and design focus is second to none for any complete system type aquarium.

Few questions-

The Elos USA team has been tough to work with as it has been for years.

The water level in my tank is about 1.25 inch below the glass. I'm running a Red Dragon return pump set at 40. I also have the Bashea sump and since there wasn't room under the tank for a RODI top off container I use a decorative 5 gal clear glass container outside of the tank to hold RODI.

DrJoos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! For those asking, I run an Elos as well, quiet drain works great IMO!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back