OP
OP
L

Lionsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that have not seen an ELOS absolute stand in person it is really well put together. It had 4x screw in leveling feet plus 16x bolts that tighten with a hex wrench.With the help of my wife who held the ends while I attached bolts it took less than a half hour to assemble.

OP
OP
L

Lionsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RE BBK mini 160 unboxed!
skimmer 2.jpg

billwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s bizarre the stand has no floor. It’s also bizarre that there is no additional bracing. Didn’t you say both the front and back panels are magnetically attached? If so, there is no structural integrity to that stand. At a minimum I would make one of those panels solidly attached to frame with at least six screws

OP
OP
L

Lionsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. All sides use magnetically attached panels so they give it no structural support. The stand is well built though and i'm not worried. Each end is a welded rectangle In each corner of the end frames there are 2 bolts connecting to the cross member. Plus there is a welded insert that protrudes into the cross member giving it additional strength. It seems completely solid to me but time will tell.

OP
OP
L

Lionsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acrybox LLC out of Spring Hill, FL made it for me. You can reach from from their facebook accountt.

I was really happy with their work and it only took about 4 weeks I think.

OP
OP
L

Lionsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made some progress during past week.

The tank is up and running. I made water, positioned my rockscape and added live sand. It took only 48 hours for the water to clear. The rocks have been sitting in a brute in my basement since January so i'm not expecting a new cycle.

I was hoping to start moving the fish over today but ran into some problems though. The bubble king mini 160 skimmer was missing a nylon bolt that holds the injection pan in place. Since I'm in the US it is likely going to take me time to find a replacement. Royal Exclusiv's website says it may take 3 weeks to reach me. I've tried to find one at the local hardware store plus online at Amazon but no luck. Should i wait until i get the skimmer running before adding fish or does it not matter?

I also started to hang my 3x Hydra 26HD on the bar above the tank but I forgot to order the hanging brackets. I thought they would come with the lights??? Therefore, I just ordered them today from BRS and they should be here on Thursday.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s bizarre the stand has no floor. It’s also bizarre that there is no additional bracing. Didn’t you say both the front and back panels are magnetically attached? If so, there is no structural integrity to that stand. At a minimum I would make one of those panels solidly attached to frame with at least six screws
Yea I agree. Im sure they know what they are doing but a few things I see.
1. No cross members on the top. This is a 4' tank.
2. Its a solid glass bottom not rimmed. Where is the support for the glass not supported by the edge? A rimmed tank would be fine but?
3. You will have a huge amount of light into the sump with no bottom.
A piece of plywood or pvc for a top would supply needed support I would think.

Here is my 120 welded stand which is the same dimentions. It required top cross support and 3x2 top and 2x2 side and bottom for structual integrity.
No bottom support needed but I made a floor so nothing sat on the ground.
I just saw the length wise support.
Anyway not trying to rain on your parade just concerned as I have never seen a stand built that way.
If you are running a sand bottom it will be ok unless you run a light to your fuge.
20190324_201248.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lionsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my light brackets and installed 2 of the 3 hyrda 26 lights. I'm waiting to move the 3rd light from my existing tank once I relocate the corals. I also need to raise the height of the hanging light bar to its final position.

Tonight i plan to catch and transfer my existing fish to their new home.

tank w lights.jpg

OP
OP
L

Lionsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my new tank has now been up and running with fish for 2 weeks now. Yesterday I found the first signs of hair algae on the rocks. Is this all normal? It seems to be covering most of the rocks. The rocks (started with dry Marco) have been cycled in a Brute can for the past 10 months so I was hoping to avoid this. I've only had to clean the glass once just 2 days ago prior to family coming over for Thanksgiving but the algae film on the glass was minimal. No signs of algae in the sand bed yet. I've also started the tank with RODI water with tds = 0.

I've only got small 3 fish right now and have not been feeding very heavy. No CUC yet because I was worried there was not enough food for them.

I'm going to do my first 20% WC today. Is there anything else I should do right now other than start adding CUC? I really don't want to remove the rocks and start brushing them off as I'm happy with the scape and would be afraid of not being able to put it back the same way.

algae2.jpg

trueisb2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is fuzzy looking, I think it is completely normal. I started my tank with dry rock as well and experienced the same thing for 2-3 weeks until it goes away on its own and with the help with CUC (heavy on turbo, astrea and margarita combo)

OP
OP
L

Lionsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a while since my last update. After adding CUC consisting of 10 trochus snails, 10 blue legged hermits and a tuxedo pincushion urchin the ugly stage was completely gone in under 7 days. The trochus snail is a bit more expensive but worth it because they will upright themselves if they fall off the rock.

Here are a few pictures from today.
FTS 1262020.jpg
end shot 1262020.jpg
purple tang 1262020.jpg

ELOSAmerica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I agree. Im sure they know what they are doing but a few things I see.
1. No cross members on the top. This is a 4' tank.
2. Its a solid glass bottom not rimmed. Where is the support for the glass not supported by the edge? A rimmed tank would be fine but?
3. You will have a huge amount of light into the sump with no bottom.
A piece of plywood or pvc for a top would supply needed support I would think.

Here is my 120 welded stand which is the same dimentions. It required top cross support and 3x2 top and 2x2 side and bottom for structual integrity.
No bottom support needed but I made a floor so nothing sat on the ground.
I just saw the length wise support.
Anyway not trying to rain on your parade just concerned as I have never seen a stand built that way.
If you are running a sand bottom it will be ok unless you run a light to your fuge.
20190324_201248.jpg
I agree this one will never move and it's very well made for sure .... :) but for 90 to 100 gallons it's may be overbuilt ..
to make more discussion about the ELOS stand ,
we haven't made this Absolut stand without ever doing a structural study.
our goal was to make a stand we can ship Flat and easy to mount .
so there are some small details in the manufacture of this stand which give it an incredible solidity
In addition there are some pannels (backand fascia ) very tightly fitted .

ELOSAmerica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a while since my last update. After adding CUC consisting of 10 trochus snails, 10 blue legged hermits and a tuxedo pincushion urchin the ugly stage was completely gone in under 7 days. The trochus snail is a bit more expensive but worth it because they will upright themselves if they fall off the rock.

Here are a few pictures from today.
FTS 1262020.jpg
end shot 1262020.jpg
purple tang 1262020.jpg
bravo your tank looking great , enjoy it .
francois

Back