ELOS 120 vs IFALOS Seriphos

MitzSD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm finally going to take the plunge after a decade of dreaming about a reef tank! The hard debate for me right now is either an Elos 120 or this new IFALOS Seriphos. Both are in that 90 gallon range that I want to be in.
http://elivepet.com/fish/products/ifalos/seriphos/
I love the idea of a drop off tank but can't find much info on the IFALOS tank since it's so new. Don't know how quiet their overflow is. Also worried about dead spots with the drop off design but I haven't found anything online with people having problems with that.
This will be a fish, invertebrates, and LPS coral tank. I don't really want to get into the SPS corals. Any thoughts, suggestions, or stories would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
M

MitzSD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just found out some additional info on the IFALOS drop off tank, they don't have any type of overflow box. It's just two drain holes on the left side of the tank. I'm trying to find if anyone else does this and it seems like the "rest of the world" does overflow boxes because I can't find anything yet on just drain holes. You wouldn't really get surface skimming with just two holes like you would with an overflow box, right???

Manics1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Ever get any further with your tank decision? I've a Seriphos inbound from Greece.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back