ELOS 120 vs IFALOS Seriphos

MitzSD

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2017
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
Bowdle, SD
What state or country do you live in
South Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm finally going to take the plunge after a decade of dreaming about a reef tank! The hard debate for me right now is either an Elos 120 or this new IFALOS Seriphos. Both are in that 90 gallon range that I want to be in.
http://elivepet.com/fish/products/ifalos/seriphos/
I love the idea of a drop off tank but can't find much info on the IFALOS tank since it's so new. Don't know how quiet their overflow is. Also worried about dead spots with the drop off design but I haven't found anything online with people having problems with that.
This will be a fish, invertebrates, and LPS coral tank. I don't really want to get into the SPS corals. Any thoughts, suggestions, or stories would be greatly appreciated.
 
So I just found out some additional info on the IFALOS drop off tank, they don't have any type of overflow box. It's just two drain holes on the left side of the tank. I'm trying to find if anyone else does this and it seems like the "rest of the world" does overflow boxes because I can't find anything yet on just drain holes. You wouldn't really get surface skimming with just two holes like you would with an overflow box, right???
 
Hi
Ever get any further with your tank decision? I've a Seriphos inbound from Greece.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new