ELOS Drain Line PVC Barb Adapter???

bboersma79

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2017
Messages
141
Reaction score
7
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All, quick help here, I am trying to find the barb to PVC adapter to connect my ELOS flexible drain line to 1 1/4" PVC, I though it was 1.5" but that size barb adapter seems way too small for the drain line and I believe 2" is too large. Can anyone help me out here?
 
All, quick help here, I am trying to find the barb to PVC adapter to connect my ELOS flexible drain line to 1 1/4" PVC, I though it was 1.5" but that size barb adapter seems way too small for the drain line and I believe 2" is too large. Can anyone help me out here?
Here is the barb fitting
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/gray-male-pipe-adapter-spigot-x-barb.html

and then you'd have to use a coupler to attach it to your pvc line (assuming you're gluing it together)
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/sche...-slip-1-7d9151910198dc0e9938f28d90b3723a.html

Is this what you're looking for?
 
Vs inside diameter of tubing I should have said. Or do I just clamp it tightly onto the 1.5" barb fitting?
Clamp it tightly to the barb fitting if it'll work for you. Do you have any pictures of what you're trying to do to help? :)
 
Here are some pics. Elos apparently uses metric since it is Italian but I have seen people connect them to Pvc which is what I am trying to do. I am basically just try in my to add a valve and route the drain line better to cleanup my sump area.
84f3e9f26b0c94b1860859334682ee33.jpg
b6472bb167f3cd6a6e27d7cbcde0d040.jpg
 
Here are some pics. Elos apparently uses metric since it is Italian but I have seen people connect them to Pvc which is what I am trying to do. I am basically just try in my to add a valve and route the drain line better to cleanup my sump area.
84f3e9f26b0c94b1860859334682ee33.jpg
b6472bb167f3cd6a6e27d7cbcde0d040.jpg
Oh boy, I see what you mean. My only concern is when you try to clamp tubing down that much, you get little crevices where the tubing crimps and the water will seep through. #reefsquad any ideas how to seal this?
 
Oh boy, I see what you mean. My only concern is when you try to clamp tubing down that much, you get little crevices where the tubing crimps and the water will seep through. #reefsquad any ideas how to seal this?
+1

I ordered this stuff link works out very well instead of the ribbed pool house.
 
Thanks...any ok n here with specific experience w elos dragon line diameters? My concern on buying different tubes is still getting it to match tank bulkhead if also metric.
 
All, quick help here, I am trying to find the barb to PVC adapter to connect my ELOS flexible drain line to 1 1/4" PVC, I though it was 1.5" but that size barb adapter seems way too small for the drain line and I believe 2" is too large. Can anyone help me out here?

Oddly enough, years later, I'm trying to hard plumb my Elos 120XL (I have an older Elos model), I believe the drain is 40mm (vs 1.5 or 2"), barbed. I'm wondering what type of connector goes on this, is there a barb to PVC 1.5" adapter, what did you end up doing?

Thanks!
 
Oddly enough, years later, I'm trying to hard plumb my Elos 120XL (I have an older Elos model), I believe the drain is 40mm (vs 1.5 or 2"), barbed. I'm wondering what type of connector goes on this, is there a barb to PVC 1.5" adapter, what did you end up doing?

Thanks!
Hey, totally potentially reviving an ancient thread here but I've aquired an Elos Pool 70 with the old drain and I was wondering if you had finished plumbing your Elos! Thanks :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new