• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Elos NS1000 Skimmer & Eheim 1260 pump

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a used Elos NS1000 skimmer with a Eheim 1260 pump. I recently upgraded to a Life Reef skimmer so I took my Elos out of the system. Price is $185 shipped . This is an excellent skimmer , uses top down injection system designed by Elos . Below is some information on skimmer I found online:

We have defined it "Top Down Injection System" (TDJ®), a patent of our company that have permitted us to achieve far better results than model with similar size available on the market.

TDJ® system base its superior efficiency on four key different moments:
  1. Injection:polluted water is mixed with air though the special “variable geometry injector”. This is a calibrated injector specifically design to maximize the incorporation of the air into the water. So treated the water is than injected, from the top of the reaction chamber (not from the bottom as on conventional skimmers) in the Main Reaction Chamber where the reaction take place.
  2. Secondary injection: thanks to the TopDown Injection, the pump generates an high pressure stream of water, injected downward into the Main reaction chamber where, again, it sucks air into the water and break the air up into thiner bubbles causingextra turbulence and, again inducing extra mixing of water and extra thiner bubbles like having a second injection.
  3. Counter-reaction: proteins with lower specific weight than water are the first to flow upwards through the internal chamber. Solids become attached to the already protein-loaded gas bubbles and also flow upwards. Where, again, they encounter the water flowing from the Top Injector and so they can be picked up again and again by the gas bubbles and broken into smallerbubbles.
  4. Expulsion: only after several contacts with air finally pollutants are passed into thecollecting cup, as a highly concentrated foam.

This principle is much more effective than Venturidouble chamber skimmers as well as modified impeller skimmers (of bigger size) not only for the protein expulsion but also due to the long remaining time of the substances and protein inside the skimmer which get faster oxidate.
HIGHLIGHTS:
  • Small size:if compared with competitor products
  • High oxidation capacity:thanks to longer bubble contact time
  • Practical: thanks to thepossibility to position the pump and the exitas preferred
  • High efficiency:skim off more protein than any similar skimmeravailable on the market
  • Small consumption:thanks to the use of small pumps
  • Ozone safe:completely build up with acrylic
  • Easy to service:in contrast to needle wheel impeller models,it uses a commercial pump much easier to repair
  • Easy to clean:the collection cup can be removed with one hand
  • Easy to regulate:non need to carefully regulate the water/air flow

TECHNICAL DETAILS:

ELOS NS 1000:

Filteringcapacity : 500-1.000 Lt (130-270 gallons)
Dimensions:
Height 530 mm(20.86 in)
Diameter Ø ext.chamber 120 mm (4.73 in)
Diameter Ø int. chamber 90 mm (3.54 in)
Base 140 x140 mm (5.51 X 5.51 in)
Pump: EHEIM 1260

IMG_20200123_191352.jpg IMG_20200123_190250.jpg IMG_20200123_191359.jpg IMG_20200123_191415.jpg IMG_20200123_191420.jpg IMG_20200123_191425.jpg IMG_20200123_191431.jpg IMG_20200123_191436.jpg IMG_20200123_191446.jpg

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this one sold, but i have another one i will be listing, i will PM you about it before i list it and send you photos

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back