Elos Quiet drain Experience

Paul.martin

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2018
Messages
32
Reaction score
11
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have an Elos tank with the Quiet drain system please share your thoughts on its noise, safety, and overall performance. I currently use a Herbie overflow system with an ecotech vectra pump. Unfortunately, the vectra is occasionally inconsistent in its output, yet the Herbie system is able to handle the variable output while maintaining a silent operation without having to constantly adjust the valve. I am worried the Elos quiet drain will need to be adjusted frequently and not be silent and overall as “hands off“ as a Herbie or Bean animal system. The new tank will be in my family room and will need to be absolutely quiet like my Herbie system. I am thinking a bean animal overflow will be best, but I like the Elos overflow small footprint in their peninsula tank and therefore I would like to hear from those who have an Elos. Thank you in advance!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new