Elusive Critter ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter JSB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JSB

Usually Confused
View Badges
Joined
Oct 14, 2011
Messages
715
Reaction score
21
Location
Madison, AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so I have no pics, nor will I be able to get any. These things only come out at night, and only high-up in my tank as far as I can tell. They range in size from 1/32 to maybe 3/16". They are walkers, not swimmers. They are fast and easily startled. They look sort of like pale roly-pollies. I think they may have small antennae, but my eyesight is not as good as it once was. There are only a hand full in number.

What is even curiouser is that I started with dry rock, and have dipped every coral, and QT'd every fish. I can only imagine they came in initially in the sand.

Any clue?
 
probably nothing to worry about have you seen any negative impacts from them or are you just curious?
 
there most likely pods of some sort
Sort of what I figured, but wanted to be sure.

probably nothing to worry about have you seen any negative impacts from them or are you just curious?
I have not seen any negative impact. They tend to show up specifically around a pink divericata frag that was in poor health, but recovering. Its issue was due to my actions, not the critters.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new