Emerald are not reef safe

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jcap74
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jcap74

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2013
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They told me at lfs are safe. We'll this one is not. Caught in the act
image.jpg
 
Caught in the act doing what? Mine are always on my corals never had a problem yet. It was more then likely eating algae or possibly the slime produced by the coral.
 
I haven't had a problem with my emeralds eating corals. I had a red leg hermit eat a bam bam paly. He's high maintance. There's plenty of teal paly's. Chomp them up. So it's possible not rare. Every animal has it's own cravings.
 
Caught in the act doing what? Mine are always on my corals never had a problem yet. It was more then likely eating algae or possibly the slime produced by the coral.

Agreed. Its def it just picking at algae or detritus. They'll irritate coral into closing but just until they are done cleaning it, no harm done. Don't worry and keep that emerald crab.
 
I had one that would rip the poylps out of my acro's would chrush the coralites up terrible. But out of the 20 or so I've had over the years 1 was bad.
 
My emeralds bothered my corals so they found a new home.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new