Which starfish species are actually reef safe?

saltwaterfish.com

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
589
Reaction score
542
Location
Vero Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally think sand sifting starfish, and Linckia starfish are the most reefs safe varieties you can keep. What other starfish species would you say are completely reef safe?
 
I personally think sand sifting starfish, and Linckia starfish are the most reefs safe varieties you can keep. What other starfish species would you say are completely reef safe?

IMO - Linckia stars have a poor long-term survivorship in most aquariums, I've stopped acquiring those, as well as red Fromia stars. I've never had any issues with sand-sifting, burying stars.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new