Emerald coral goby care

ReeferHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I went to my LFS yesterday and saw they had a tiny yellow goby, I knew it wasn’t a yellow clown goby because his body was slightly wider and eyes were smaller, I thought it was similar to my black barred circus goby, so I asked to see him eat and he didn’t seem very interested but I decided to take a chance, he was only $15, I’ve been doing some research and it seems like he is an Emerald Coral Goby (Paragobiodon Xanthosoma) and they are rarely sold in the hobby, so the issue I’m having is I can’t get him to eat, does he need a host coral to live in? Does anyone have experience keeping these? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

70BE0E2E-2422-4C73-9270-C0C2BDCB7E68.jpeg 19EBC7D3-2481-47AF-A9B8-F0D980600949.jpeg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What have you tried to feed it?
Frozen cyclops is a pretty good go-to for picky eaters, so is baby brine shrimp. Have you tried these?

OP
OP
ReeferHD

ReeferHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What have you tried to feed it?
Frozen cyclops is a pretty good go-to for picky eaters, so is baby brine shrimp. Have you tried these?
i have not tried brine shrimp yet gonna try that next, right now ive been trying to feed him the tiny bits of food that people usually rinse out of LRS reef frenzy, (which is what i feed my circus goby) the tank he's in also has a lot of pods and mysis shrimp swimming around.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back