Emerald coral goby care

ReeferHD

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2022
Messages
907
Reaction score
1,498
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I went to my LFS yesterday and saw they had a tiny yellow goby, I knew it wasn’t a yellow clown goby because his body was slightly wider and eyes were smaller, I thought it was similar to my black barred circus goby, so I asked to see him eat and he didn’t seem very interested but I decided to take a chance, he was only $15, I’ve been doing some research and it seems like he is an Emerald Coral Goby (Paragobiodon Xanthosoma) and they are rarely sold in the hobby, so the issue I’m having is I can’t get him to eat, does he need a host coral to live in? Does anyone have experience keeping these? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

70BE0E2E-2422-4C73-9270-C0C2BDCB7E68.jpeg 19EBC7D3-2481-47AF-A9B8-F0D980600949.jpeg
 
Garlic additive? Maybe he only eats live? Im not sure Ive never seen one before, but he is so cute!
 
so researching its a carnivore. It mentions blood worms. So maybe try those? They have both frozen and live
 
What have you tried to feed it?
Frozen cyclops is a pretty good go-to for picky eaters, so is baby brine shrimp. Have you tried these?
 
What have you tried to feed it?
Frozen cyclops is a pretty good go-to for picky eaters, so is baby brine shrimp. Have you tried these?
i have not tried brine shrimp yet gonna try that next, right now ive been trying to feed him the tiny bits of food that people usually rinse out of LRS reef frenzy, (which is what i feed my circus goby) the tank he's in also has a lot of pods and mysis shrimp swimming around.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new