Emerald crabs in a reef

Reef_Boy-88

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2024
Messages
60
Reaction score
19
Location
Phoenix
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently cycled my tank and I entered the ugly stage so I got some clean up crew. My LFS recommended some emerald crabs along with a handful of other things. After I took them home and put them in the tank, I did some research because I thought that I’ve heard emerald crabs aren’t reef safe. I currently have 2 anemones and I am going to add more corals soon. Will the emerald crabs eat my corals? Should I take them out?
 
I recently cycled my tank and I entered the ugly stage so I got some clean up crew. My LFS recommended some emerald crabs along with a handful of other things. After I took them home and put them in the tank, I did some research because I thought that I’ve heard emerald crabs aren’t reef safe. I currently have 2 anemones and I am going to add more corals soon. Will the emerald crabs eat my corals? Should I take them out?
I never had an issue with mine.
 
Cleans the tank pretty good. Occasionally I see him pulling some suspicious moves but no damage.
IMG_1782.jpeg
 
Agreed porcelain crabs are the stuff they are so cool. I have one hosting an anemone I found his malted shell for the first time, and I like to have a heart attack because I thought he had passed away but he still there being cool.
 
I recently cycled my tank and I entered the ugly stage so I got some clean up crew. My LFS recommended some emerald crabs along with a handful of other things. After I took them home and put them in the tank, I did some research because I thought that I’ve heard emerald crabs aren’t reef safe. I currently have 2 anemones and I am going to add more corals soon. Will the emerald crabs eat my corals? Should I take them out?
Interesting you chose to add a couple nems after cycling since they are more of a challenging addition to a new tank. How are they doing?
 
Have had a total of 4. First was a monster eating coral. Next 3, they just eat algae. Keep An eye on em.

I like mine
 
I recently cycled my tank and I entered the ugly stage so I got some clean up crew. My LFS recommended some emerald crabs along with a handful of other things. After I took them home and put them in the tank, I did some research because I thought that I’ve heard emerald crabs aren’t reef safe. I currently have 2 anemones and I am going to add more corals soon. Will the emerald crabs eat my corals? Should I take them out?
Mine kept picking at zoas and palys and got a face full of toxin and died. Took me a little to figure out what was killing them until I saw one picking at them and then fall off the rock, dead when I picked it up! Thats the only issue I ever had with emeralds otherwise they are fun little dudes!
 
Interesting you chose to add a couple nems after cycling since they are more of a challenging addition to a new tank. How are they doing?
They are doing really good. I bought them from a guy along with the clowns and he said his are really hardy. Once I put them in they closed up a bit but other then that the clowns have already started to host them and they have been doing great!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new