Emergency! Clownfish diagnosis!

Smiley1221

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had my first clownfish for just over a week now and the last couple days his tail was getting darker but when i woke up this morning i noticed he has pop eye in both his eyes and some of his skin is peeling.
Please help me diagnose whats wrong and set up a plan for treatment. Any help is greatly appreciated!

6BD37762-B08D-4B03-A08D-8646B3424FA4.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Are there any other fish in the tank? Can you post your most recent water quality measurements? Have you treated the fish for anything yet?

Thanks,
Jay

OP
OP
Smiley1221

Smiley1221

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Are there any other fish in the tank? Can you post your most recent water quality measurements? Have you treated the fish for anything yet?

Thanks,
Jay
Thanks Jay,
There arent any other fish in the tank but there is some zoas. Im currently at work and i dont remember my most recent measurements. No treatment has been done

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I forgot to ask about the fish's breathing rate - is it normal, or is the fish gasping? If the rate has increased, or if it is open-mouthed, that indicate a more severe, systemic infection. If the fish is breathing normally, and still holding its fins erect and feeding well, you might want to just hold on to see if things get better on its own...the reason why is that the only treatment I can really suggest is a rather "shotgun" approach of moving the fish to a treatment tank and dosing with a broad spectrum antibiotic...and not everyone is in a position to do that.

jay

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back