OP
OP
Gobi1canobi

Gobi1canobi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I peeled it back and it was black liquid dipped it in iodine and lost half the head the other head is still not opening all the way. Ya I might cut that head off. I think it’s a goner ! Do you think remitted snails could b the cause ? I have tiny ones that maybe got in the head somehow? Or no nothing els is bothered .

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s probably your water parameters. See a fair amount of algae. How old is your tank.?

OP
OP
Gobi1canobi

Gobi1canobi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s probably your water parameters. See a fair amount of algae. How old is your tank.?
About a year and a half I’ve bin in a battle with the algae at war! That’s y I’m looking for a tang! I almost had it under control with the tang . The phos is only 1.5 ish probly under I’m rounding up. But the algae is relentless I’ve bin thinking about some live bacteria to help the micro biome.

OP
OP
Gobi1canobi

Gobi1canobi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a year and a half I’ve bin in a battle with the algae at war! That’s y I’m looking for a tang! I almost had it under control with the tang . The phos is only 1.5 ish probly under I’m rounding up. But the algae is relentless I’ve bin thinking about some live bacteria to help the micro biome.
Since I added fish it’s bin runnin around 2 years total but I started with dry rock

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tank is as full of algae as you say it is then most likely your actual phosphate level is much higher than it’s testing at. The algae is using it up at a much faster rate. I would look into a reactor with gfo or phosbond, but take it slow. Nothing happens fast in reefing.

OP
OP
Gobi1canobi

Gobi1canobi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tank is as full of algae as you say it is then most likely your actual phosphate level is much higher than it’s testing at. The algae is using it up at a much faster rate. I would look into a reactor with gfo or phosbond, but take it slow. Nothing happens fast in reefing.
Thanks! I’ll send u a pic and
parameters and if it tells you anything I’ll take all the advice I can get.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back