Emergency help all fish in tank died

Bape47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys i have a 55 gallon fish tank about 3 weeks ago,i was have 4 clowns fish 1 blue tang,1 yellow,1 power blue,1 yellow eyes tang,1 mandarine,4 chromis and few corals

first start i saw only blue tang keep scratching his body to the rock,i know it was ich but i thought its normal on blue tang so i didnt treat anything and hes still ok after 3 weeks,fish keep dying around last week,all fishes ate normal nothing happened and then power blue died yellow eyes tang died next few days pairs clown died and i thought they was being bullied of 2 other 2 clowns so 2 days ago mandarine died and then yesterday blue tang died and 1 clown died and today my last clown black phantom died the tank only left 1 yellow tang 3 chromis and fire shirmp,But yellow tang today her eyes already pop white on 1 side already,i saw ich on 1 side of 1 chromis also

i feel so bad and i am so lost about fishes keep dying my whole tank......

i test water everything still ok,so idk what happened,maybe because the ich killed them all?

what i should do now please help

thanks in advance :(

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys i have a 55 gallon fish tank about 3 weeks ago,i was have 4 clowns fish 1 blue tang,1 yellow,1 power blue,1 yellow eyes tang,1 mandarine,4 chromis and few corals

first start i saw only blue tang keep scratching his body to the rock,i know it was ich but i thought its normal on blue tang so i didnt treat anything and hes still ok after 3 weeks,fish keep dying around last week,all fishes ate normal nothing happened and then power blue died yellow eyes tang died next few days pairs clown died and i thought they was being bullied of 2 other 2 clowns so 2 days ago mandarine died and then yesterday blue tang died and 1 clown died and today my last clown black phantom died the tank only left 1 yellow tang 3 chromis and fire shirmp,But yellow tang today her eyes already pop white on 1 side already,i saw ich on 1 side of 1 chromis also

i feel so bad and i am so lost about fishes keep dying my whole tank......

i test water everything still ok,so idk what happened,maybe because the ich killed them all?

what i should do now please help

thanks in advance :(

Did you say you first started this tank 3 weeks ago? Or is that when the issues started occurring?

Also, what are your quarantine protocols?

bstodds15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
55 Gallons is way to small for that many fish, let alone tangs in general.

Ich could be the main factor, definitely wouldn't help. Ammonia from overstock and fish dying would be my guess.

If you added all the fish at the same time, your system wouldn't be ready for that kind of bioload. What's your filtration system?

OP
OP
Bape47

Bape47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
55 Gallons is way to small for that many fish, let alone tangs in general.

Ich could be the main factor, definitely wouldn't help. Ammonia from overstock and fish dying would be my guess.

If you added all the fish at the same time, your system wouldn't be ready for that kind of bioload. What's your filtration system?

i have reef octopus 150 skimmer,i added blue tang clowns mandarine at first time

OP
OP
Bape47

Bape47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG-7222.JPG
IMG-7225.JPG
58809783767--54EFAE6F-D50A-43B2-8424-E0510B8F823C.JPG IMG-7271.JPG

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It looks like the clowns were ill.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm too new to even be considered a noob as it pertains to creating reef tanks. However, I think I can say with some certainty that adding 13 fish (including 3 tangs) simultaneously, in an uncycled tank that's too small, with no quarantine protocol is a recipe for disaster.

I could be wrong here but I would start a new tank by the book as the book was written by 1,000s who have failed before us. I'm learning myself :/

OP
OP
Bape47

Bape47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not even a noob as it pertains to creating reef tanks. I think I can say with some certainty that adding 13 fish (including 3 tangs) simultaneously, in an uncycled tank that's too small, with no quarantine protocol is a recipe for disaster.

I could be wrong here but I would start a new tank by the book as the book was written by 1,000s who have failed before us.

i have only 1 yellow tang and fire shrimp 3 chromis in the tank with some corals now

but yellow tang 1 eye already cloud :(

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

First, Is this tank only 3 weeks old? Did you QT the fish first? Do you have a sump?

A 55 gallon is pretty small for 1 Tang let alone 4 and you have a very heavy bio-load. You should add fish slowly so the tank can adjust and monitor them in a QT before hand to make sure you don't introduce anything into your tank. For the mandarine you need a very established tank with a booming pod population if you dont have this they will starve.

I know its very exciting to get new fish but patients is VERY important in this hobby.

At this point my recommendation is to try to get whats left of the fish (if any) into a QT tank and treat them with copper if they do have ich because you have corals or inverts in your display you cant use copper. After you take the fish out or they die whichever happens first you should leave your tank fishless for 1-3 months to eradicate anything that's making them sick. After about 1-2 months of being fishless set up a QT and get 1 or 2 fish and observe them for a month. If the fish is healthy it will be ready to go into your display tank. If you proper quarantine procedure you could avoid some of this but you did also over stock your tank.

If you use copper in a QT MAKE SURE that you DO NOT use any equipment that has been in copper water in you display system.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 67 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back