Emergency help with torch

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I was take a torch of the base it was attached to and the stem snapped, it separated the polyp but didbt tear it, probably tore it alittle at the base but didbt rip the polyp apart. I glued the stem back together and and placed it back on the sand. Will the torch survive or is it a gonne?

Sailfin11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any pictures? My guess is that it should be OK, but it depends on the damage.

Elitecorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i fragged a torch once and the head cracked in half from the mouth all the way to its base completely separated in two pieces but the head haven't felt off so i out some glue around the base and glued to a frag plug, and so surprisingly it still alive to this day. so as long the polyp still intact with the skeleton it still have high chance to survive

OP
OP
Eddie7144

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i fragged a torch once and the head cracked in half from the mouth all the way to its base completely separated in two pieces but the head haven't felt off so i out some glue around the base and glued to a frag plug, and so surprisingly it still alive to this day. so as long the polyp still intact with the skeleton it still have high chance to survive
That's pretty much what happend to mine, but it didbt separate so I just glued the head back together, I'm hoping for the best

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 16.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 140 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.9%
Back