OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And i even thought about buying reef crystals and adding alk, ca, and mg to get it right where i need it to be, but i dont havr any alk, ca or mg bc when i mix the coral pro it has all the right levels i need so its practically perfect lol

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And i even thought about buying reef crystals and adding alk, ca, and mg to get it right where i need it to be, but i dont havr any alk, ca or mg bc when i mix the coral pro it has all the right levels i need so its practically perfect lol

You sure on reef crystal having low params? My box had ridiculously high cal alk and mag...

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the bags at reef life and online had a dkh of 8 to 9 and mine stays at 11.5 with crazy growth man! Absolutely positive! But if i did have some alk supplement i woukd be all for mixing up some reef cyrstal right now haha

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Annd if any other reefer is the same way iam, big swings in parameters really stinks and stunts coral growth and i absolutely hate it lol...if i can get as close as i can to my parameters that my corals love, we all are def going to mix our salt to th ose numbers, bc im def very anal and particular about putting whatever in the tank ya know? Annd reef cyrstals isnt bad at all, it just is alot simpler i guess to just mix the salt right up to those levels versus measuring amounts of alk, ca and mg to put in the mixing saltwater, trying to get it just right lol

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, unless reef life is ordering a different reef crystals, i looked on their bags today and it said that a salinity of .23 the dkh would be around 9.... Annd i looked at that bag like 7 times bc i was trying to make sure thats what i was reading lol

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In that case, if it does mix to like 13dkh, my salinity stays at 1.024, so if for some reason i read that 9 wrong, if anybody has any reef crystal salt that they could sparespare, enough to mix 10g of water, i will give you back double when my bucket comes in lol

Saltlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so i use Red Sea Coral Pro and Reef Life was out when i tried yesterday to get it, i ordered it off BRS but the guy said something about their warehouse is being reconstructed or something and i wont receive my salt until the 1st and im in dire need of a water change....does anybody use red sea coral pro and can possibly loan me enough to make 10 g and when mine comes in on the 1st i can repay the favor? My salinity has dropped 2 points in the last few days and i top off but its just time for a water change.....so can any fellow reefers please help me out?

I use reg Red Sea, if it will help you out I will mail you some. Still prob take 2 or 3 days unless you make a road trip. Send me a pm as I might forget to check back.

scott4077

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your truly in that bad of a place, Petco has a few different salts in stock normally obviously not your preferred but it will hold you over and bring your salinity back up. hope everything ends up okay i know it can be frustrating when your dealing with shipping and time sensitive reef tanks. Wish i lived close enough to help...

Saltlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sent you a package in the mail 2 day shipping, should have it Monday. I looks like 3 full bags of cocaine packaged up but trust me it's not so don't try to snort it. lol Hope it works out for you.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back