Emergency need a little help...

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so i use Red Sea Coral Pro and Reef Life was out when i tried yesterday to get it, i ordered it off BRS but the guy said something about their warehouse is being reconstructed or something and i wont receive my salt until the 1st and im in dire need of a water change....does anybody use red sea coral pro and can possibly loan me enough to make 10 g and when mine comes in on the 1st i can repay the favor? My salinity has dropped 2 points in the last few days and i top off but its just time for a water change.....so can any fellow reefers please help me out?

Dman357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know mixing salts isn't the best but if you have a lfs that sells the Red Sea salt that isn't the pro you should be able to get away with it sense you don't need a whole lot

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you can find another brand with similar alk, ca, and mg levels at lfs. Post on R2R recently which compared many major brands' profiles.

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i was going to get some reef crystals but the levels are waaaaaay too low and petco and petsmart doesnt sell any salt close to the elevated levels like red sea coral pro....but if someone let me borrow enough red sea coral pro salt for a 10 g change ill give them double back when my bucket comes in bc it truly is an emergency....had a zoa polyp die out of nowhere bc of such stress from sudden drop in salinity....really have looked at every single lfs and compared salt, i promise me asking like this on r2r for me is def an emergency lol

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazon has it 36.19. Says it will be there by Friday.
the only thing is i already placed the order with bulk reef supply and he said thursday they will upgrade my shipping to three day but than it still doesnt go out until friday and that means i get it around the first or right before....it was an ungodly long process that the guy explained to me on refunding $31 lol so i just told him to upgrade the shipping.....

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have the elevated Red Sea but I do have the elevated Fritz salt. If you're okay with that then let me know. I'm in Vestavia.
hey tuffy, i may take you up on 10g worth of salt to mix....ive really gotta do it very very soon.....ill give you double back.....could you shoot me an email with your numbner?
[email protected]

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have the elevated Red Sea but I do have the elevated Fritz salt. If you're okay with that then let me know. I'm in Vestavia.
Hey Tuffy, ill def be very very happy with that salt until my salt comes in man! Thank you so much....just email me as soon as you can and i can head that way man.....

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, i just noticed that this emergency thread of mine and dilema im having has been viewed by 151 people and only 3 people actually respond. I assure whoever reads this im not at all trying to steal,take advantage of 10g worth of salt to make 10g of seawater which comes to only about 3 maybe 4 cups of salt. I simply got stuck in a tight situation with bulk reef supply and delaying my salt...i had toto cut off one of my rasta polyps and throw it down the drain bc it turned black and was dying due to the salinity drop....so again, if your reading this i genuinely just need to borrow a little amount of salt that is elevated like coral pro, and i will return it with double when my bucket comes in! No scam, no bs, just a fellow reefer that has 26 different zoas and palys a few lps, sps and dont want two years of paitiently waiting and keeping the stable bar up to par, to go down the drain bc of something like this, a salinity drop bc of a salt delivery delay bc my lfs didnt have it! ALlright, rant over, just wanted to really make it apparent and straight that i would in no way try to scam you out of 4 cups of your salt mix! Lol happy reefing and i pray someone reads this and helps!! :(:(:(

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm sure it isn't that. I'm sure that people either don't live close or don't use your salt mix.

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sure thats the case, not trying to be selfish in anyway or anything...just dont want anyone to think im trying to get somrthing for free and that ive actually started to lose coral(1 polyp) so far......:(:( Annd it was the beautiful rastas! Nooooooooo lol

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If it's that bad, I'd think any water would be better...

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im assuming that a .02 drop in my salinity did that to my poor rasta polyp.....but my levels are elevated and have stayed elevated for a good 6 or 7 months now....if i use reef crystals with a dkh of 7 or 8 maybe 9 thats about a 2.5 ppm drop suddenly of dkh and it totally would just make my corals start throwing punches at me lol it def wouldnt make it better.....stability is the key ya know?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back