Emergency - need help

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just heard about a fellow aquarist in Irwin that has a fire and her reef tank may be in trouble. She needs help housing fish, corals, etc. PM me for her name/ number.

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pm sent. I have plenty of room for coral and Reef friendly fish, tangs probably not because I have 2 yellows.

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the lot will be donated to the club for raffle or sale.

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wasn't a house fire I think damage qas limited to just some of the equipment.

They just wanted to donate it to get rid of everything.

So the proceeds will go to the club for the teardown and removal

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I got you... thought it was a house fire and they didn't have anything left. To the club it goes.

OP
OP
acer

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, that is the plan for know- trying to get more details on livestock and equipment. Apparently, the UV filter started on fire, fumes into tank and house. Will post details ASAP.

OP
OP
acer

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, we got all the livestock out . Jeremy, Kevin, Jamie and I went this evening. We will need some back/ lifting power, a van, truck, etc. to move tank soon. It is a very cool 1/2 circle Aquavim 140 gallon tank, with stand , about 4 years old. Looks like after a good cleaning it will be in great shape. The sump may be damaged. We will be raffling the tank/stand, the T 5 LIGHT, etc. We will be taking offers with all money going to the club as a donation.

OP
OP
acer

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, tank and sump are apparently outside with stand inside due to smell, i believe sand has been removed. We need volunteers to move tank to my garage so we can finish cleaning it up and sell with proceeds going to the club. Since tank and sump is outside and stand inside it should be straight forward to move. No draining, no plumbing, Etc. Let me know if anyone us available tonight or tomorrow afternoon. My truck can probably can't take the whole Setup.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work till 7. Could help after. Maybe try mass text messaging to reach more people.

We are moving the tank this evening. If anyone would like to give us a hand it would be appreciated. We will then "raffle/sell" it and put the money towards the general club funds. So if you know anyone looking for a 140gallon aqua vim half cylinder tank let us know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
acer

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have people's phone numbers to do a mass text - that is a good idea for the future though.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back