Emergency puffer issue

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
General cure in water column? What do i do about loosing bacteria?

Fresh water dip last might, looked like a bunch of sand droooed off? He was very active in the tub. Added him back to the tank, he got extremely mad. Then alot of white string poop came out.

Day 6 without eating.

Im still looking at potential ich maybe or hope not velvet.

Paraguard with fresh dip in a mins. Fresh water dipping every 12hrs

White stringy poo is an idicator of internal psrasites. The description of sand coming off in a feshwate dip sounds a little like it might be flukes. GC is not going to effect your bacteria to a negative end. I will say this, the longer you wait, the more it will be too late. I would immediately start gc.

OP
OP
Lowkey reefing

Lowkey reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White stringy poo is an idicator of internal psrasites. The description of sand coming off in a feshwate dip sounds a little like it might be flukes. GC is not going to effect your bacteria to a negative end. I will say this, the longer you wait, the more it will be too late. I would immediately start gc.
On it now, at the store as we speak. Any other meds i should push?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On it now, at the store as we speak. Any other meds i should push?

Be careful of any interreactionz, I personally wouldn't mix gc with anything. Although gc does contain prazi, if that was flukes, you may need to follow up with prazi pro, i think it's Because of the eggs.

OP
OP
Lowkey reefing

Lowkey reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful of any interreactionz, I personally wouldn't mix gc with anything. Although gc does contain prazi, if that was flukes, you may need to follow up with prazi pro, i think it's Because of the eggs.
Copy on that,

So this morning 5 min frehwater dip with para guard. Added GC to tank, and soaked him prazi for an hour bath. Hes very active now, seems like his old self...

Attachments

• 20210428_141236.jpg
    20210428_141236.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210428_141220.jpg
    20210428_141220.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
Lowkey reefing

Lowkey reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copy on that,

So this morning 5 min frehwater dip with para guard. Added GC to tank, and soaked him prazi for an hour bath. Hes very active now, seems like his old self...
Whats this i hear on an H2O2 dip? I cant really figure out the exact benefits

OP
OP
Lowkey reefing

Lowkey reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if it’s a bath or tank dosing for h2o2 but it’s a experimental treatment for

I don't think im headed down the velvet rabbit hole just yet fingerscrossed... but at this point who knows. It just doesnt seem like that to me. So i wont venture into a H2o2 dip then.

OP
OP
Lowkey reefing

Lowkey reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lion king

Still isn't taking good, any ideas on what to do, or will it take for the General cure to start an appetite.

I mean, should i consider force feeding?

OP
OP
Lowkey reefing

Lowkey reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal

Hey seen someone tagged you, can you review and possibly advise on the situation? I would greatly appreciate

Ill take any advice i can get.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lion king

Still isn't taking good, any ideas on what to do, or will it take for the General cure to start an appetite.

I mean, should i consider force feeding?

As long as he isn't displaying extreme stress, let it ride, you only started it yesterday. You do 2nd dose after 2 days. Depending on the severity it may take a few days, and with some fish, the meds themself can effect appetite. Honestly their is nothing you can do except to ride it out. Offer live grass shtimp, clams on the 1/2 shell, scallops on the 1/2 shell, stuff likr that.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal

Hey seen someone tagged you, can you review and possibly advise on the situation? I would greatly appreciate

Ill take any advice i can get.
I think what @lion king said - let it continue with the GC treatment. One thing you can do is to get a respiration rate on the fish - count the number of times it breathes in 15 seconds and multiple by 4. Let me know the number....

Jay

OP
OP
Lowkey reefing

Lowkey reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210429_104059.jpg

Kinda what hes looking like right now. More hanging out on the sand and rocks.

Should i continue the fresh water dips. Paraguard dips and prazi dips or just leave him alone on the GC?

Attachments

• 20210429_091406.jpg
    20210429_091406.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210428_103519.jpg
    20210428_103519.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
Lowkey reefing

Lowkey reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210429_104059.jpg

Kinda what hes looking like right now. More hanging out on the sand and rocks.

Should i continue the fresh water dips. Paraguard dips and prazi dips or just leave him alone on the GC?
I noticed some nasty ordeal on the tail fin that has developed in the last few days. Looks like an ulcer of some sort.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed some nasty ordeal on the tail fin that has developed in the last few days. Looks like an ulcer of some sort.
Dips are highly overrated as cures- static baths are always better. I use FW dips to diagnose flukes, but never use paragard as a dip, and praziquantel needs to be dosed very high if used as a dip (10 mg/l for a couple of hours).
The tail issue could be bacterial, possibly from too much handling. The GC is still the way to go, but you may need to add antibiotic due to the fin issue.
Jay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back