Emergency Sherman anemone stuck in motor

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Sherman anemone both of them kept moving around the tank all the time, i closely watching to make sure they don't get stuck into the motor. But unfortunately few hours ago it was near sand bed somehow went up and when i noticed just now it was in front of the motor blowing, this near 5" anemone show white tissue and just a inch size now, just took it out from the motor and put in the a small container floating on the same DT, what are my options by looking at the picture will it survive any or remove them before it pollute my DT, not sure how long its been like this i have seen atleaset 3 hrs ago which was fine.

Its 11pm now for me was about to go to bed, will wait for what expert suggest.

Before :
Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 11.15.43 PM.png

Just now:
anemone.jpg

use to be like this size and it spilt many months ago, one moved to left side of tank and other to right, both are constantly moving, now one stuck and looks dead.
Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 11.12.37 PM.png

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi ,sorry to see ,not a nem expert ,but unfortunatly does not look savable :( #reefsqaud try an expert opinion

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ha - OP is just like everyone else (including me) and believes they will the the exception. The Anemone looks like a goner, but if it were me; I'd leave it in the basket until it starts to melt.... Just to make sure it wasn't going to make a comeback. It looks small enough it wouldn't do any major damage.

Last edited:

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never could figure out why I've read thousands of times to make sure you have guards on your pumps if you have anemones. That really sucks that you've never read it.
Ha - OP is just like everyone else (including me) and believes they will the the exception. The Anemone looks like a goner, but if it were me; I'd leave it in the basket until it starts to melt.... Just to make sure it wasn't going to make a comeback. It looks small enough it wouldn't do any major damage.

I haven't seen a tank in years using any sort of power head that anything but the smallest nems could easily get sucked into.

OP
OP
balajeek15

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never could figure out why I've read thousands of times to make sure you have guards on your pumps if you have anemones. That really sucks that you've never read it.

I know there are guards but at the same time i also knew guards decrease the performance of the powerhead and require more than normal cleaning, that one reason i never thought of putting one. May be i should reconsider that.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not promising, but you never know with bta's, they can come back from pretty massive damage at times. I expect this morning you will know which way this one is headed.

OP
OP
balajeek15

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not promising, but you never know with bta's, they can come back from pretty massive damage at times. I expect this morning you will know which way this one is headed.

I can see the tissues are torn and can tell which is base, it looks the same size as last night and its in a plastic container and not movement.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its attached, just give it low light and low flow and dont disturb it.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then it's probably dead unless you can detect any sort of movement or response to touch.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 38 37.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 54 52.9%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 3.9%
Back