Emergency update...er...Emergency Forum update

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As you may have noticed, we have recently done some minor construction here on the site. We have noticed that the Emergency Forum was filling up with threads that may not have been what many would have considered an emergency. Unfortunately, this lead to real issues not getting feedback or being overlooked.

To attempt to better serve the R2R community we decided to remove the Emergency forum and move the threads that were there to the Reef Discussion Forum. Secondly, we have created a new Emergency tag that can be selected when a new emergency thread is created in the Fish Disease, New to Saltwater, and Reef Discussion Forums. We encourage everyone to use the specific forum that is related to the topic whether or not it is an emergency so that experts and people who are interested in a specific area can better address questions within the related forum.

Will this work? Candidly, we’re not sure! We are committed to continue to look for ways to improve R2R and the R2R community so thanks for your patience as we remodel!

R2R Staff

OP
OP
Peace River

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
do you have an example or describe tag ,color?

Great question! Here is the tag that can be selected and will be displayed next to the thread title:

Emergency_Tag.png

Justanano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its already starting... the forum was filled with non emergencies now the tag will be abused to...when i see the emergency tag it may gets ignored now

OP
OP
Peace River

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Helping people, especially fellow reefers, is an important part of the R2R culture and the way that we try to do things here. We continue to look for ways to to make this happen. Thank you for letting us know when you spot an emergency tab that may not be an emergency and thank you for helping fellow reefers with emergencies!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i am running across both ,real em and not tagged ,not seeing very many,though

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its already starting... the forum was filled with non emergencies now the tag will be abused to...when i see the emergency tag it may gets ignored now
Well unfortunately we can't police every thread that uses the tag and also remember that just because it's not an emergency to you, does not mean it's not to someone else. In the end, I would just recommend that you just avoid opening the threads up if it bothers you that much. There is no perfect solution to this short of requiring prior approval to use the tag and that is just not feasible for a great many reasons. If you have an actually workable solution, I'd love to hear it

Justanano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about no emergency tag or forum

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about no emergency tag or forum
Honest question, was does this bother you so much? No one is forcing you to open these threads or reply to them, you can simply ignore them and move on. Some members find the tags helpful and so for now they will be staying.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honest question, was does this bother you so much? No one is forcing you to open these threads or reply to them, you can simply ignore them and move on. Some members find the tags helpful and so for now they will be staying.
I agree completely. I like the tag. I also liked the forum. I used it when my tank broke open and A LOT of awesome people helped me out with pointers, things to do, and moral support.

Also, to me, if someone thinks their aiptasia is an emergency, then it’s a frickin emergency. And I like to help them if I can.

We put so much time and energy into our tanks and want them to be perfection. Sometimes we see a problem and blow it a little out of proportion. Thank goodness for the other seasoned reefers that usually chime in to remind us to “take it slow”.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i would like to see a spot where can access ,have found real em's going unanswered for up to two hours

Justanano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You asked for an opinion.. i saw an emergency thread today asking about live rock..

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ive seen red tag and actually responded. It is simple:
RESPOND IF YOU WILL
IGNORE IF YOU WILL

For some newbies, instances can be desperate and to them deemed an emergency. Im sure we were all once there one time or another

Justanano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People put emergency on anything they want answered emergency or not for even the most basic questions about nothing even close to an emergency...

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People put emergency on anything they want answered emergency or not for even the most basic questions about nothing even close to an emergency...
Then simply ignore them, I get that people are going to consider things to be an emergency when they are not even close to one but again some people find it useful. I really don't understand why you are making a crusade out of this, just ignore them.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just click ignore for all members that do not meet your emergency standards. That way you will never see any posts from them again.
Your R2R world will get smaller, but it sounds like that’s what you want anyway.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back