Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build so far and great rock work.

I’ve been hunting out all the 150 INT threads. I plan to upgrade in a few years most likely to one of these.

Sps and bare bottom, these are right up my alley!
Glad to hear the build quality is good! Tagging along

OP
OP
Tacticool-Reefer

Tacticool-Reefer

I have spoken!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build so far and great rock work.

I’ve been hunting out all the 150 INT threads. I plan to upgrade in a few years most likely to one of these.

Sps and bare bottom, these are right up my alley!
Glad to hear the build quality is good! Tagging along
Thank you and tangs;) for tagalong!!
don't mind me - just lurking on reef2reef looking at awesome threads!
I'm gonna follow if you don't mind ;)
Thanks!
The more the merrier!

OP
OP
Tacticool-Reefer

Tacticool-Reefer

I have spoken!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a few more things done this afternoon, manage to get the powerheads placement where I want them and some cable management for underneath the euro bracing. Still working on the plumbing, I must admit, I’m a bit anal when it comes to getting that right so I won’t post pictures until it’s absolutely 100% to my liking. Now I’m just sitting back and enjoying an empty tank bewhahahaha!
A0D605AC-EA4F-4EF0-B543-8A8FF938744F.png

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a few more things done this afternoon, manage to get the powerheads placement where I want them and some cable management for underneath the euro bracing. Still working on the plumbing, I must admit, I’m a bit anal when it comes to getting that right so I won’t post pictures until it’s absolutely 100% to my liking. Now I’m just sitting back and enjoying an empty tank bewhahahaha!
A0D605AC-EA4F-4EF0-B543-8A8FF938744F.png
I see an ammo shortage on the left of your picture!:p

OP
OP
Tacticool-Reefer

Tacticool-Reefer

I have spoken!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deburring the inside of PVC piping really does take a lot of time, it’s one of those things you’ll never see but hopefully adds a little bit of a benefit in flow, be it nominal or not.
8F9DF8F0-1A7F-4A57-A0EC-260A19FFF5C1.jpeg

OP
OP
Tacticool-Reefer

Tacticool-Reefer

I have spoken!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build! Real thought out equipment wise and the scape is awesome. If your coral growing skills are anything like your planning I think this tank will be top notch!
Thanks bud!
...only time will tell as far as Coral grow out goes, but I’ve had my share of successes and many many many failures along the way!

It’s all about learning from your mistakes and always trying to get better, at least that’s what I like about this hobby.

OP
OP
Tacticool-Reefer

Tacticool-Reefer

I have spoken!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I chose to go all 45° couplings and not use a single 90° which is making this plumbing a bit of a challenge... Current state of affairs' below.
05B373C2-7207-4160-B0C6-ABEE8B958507.png

...this is all "dry" fit at the moment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tacticool-Reefer

Tacticool-Reefer

I have spoken!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...what do you do when you don’t want to drill into perfectly good aluminum? You modify a couple of their locking brackets with a piece of square stock and weld them across/together!
7D137102-F2DA-4F2A-BF0E-6FB8466EFC5D.png

...I'll be cleaning up the welds and sandblasting the surface to prepare for Cerakote.
0DBB893D-ADE2-4B67-AC48-10A90E2956F1.jpeg

Trizzino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks incredible. I had to downsize my tank from a 125 peninsula to a IM 25 Lagoon this year. 2 kids under two didn’t leave much time to keep up my reef tank the way I like to and have family time on the weekends. I am glad I did because I love the IM tank. This is in my plans to upgrade when my oldest shows more interest. Then it will be for “us” and not just me. I love the footprint of this tank.

I’m following along for the journey. You’re doing everything the right way.

OP
OP
Tacticool-Reefer

Tacticool-Reefer

I have spoken!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Trizzino, thank you very much! I really appreciate you taking the time to follow this thread and appreciate your comments!

I’m down to one child out of three, so we will soon be an empty nest. That said I need something to fill all my free time and why, in part, I got back into the Hobby.

I’m only getting about 75 gallons of RO/DI water a day currently, so this will probably not be filled until tomorrow morning sometime. Truth be told I have patience for a few things but waiting for water isn’t one of them:rolleyes:.

However, now I can start playing around with the other features on the Neptune Apex controlle.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back