OP
T

Tarun21tp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While it shouldn't have killed the fish outright, quarantining a 3" angel in a ten gallon tank with two other fish is really crowded.

It wasn't the coppersafe - you were barely at half a dose. At that point, it isn't even lethal to parasites.
How do the other two fish look today?

Jay
They look good sir & both are eating pellets. I cannot understand what went wrong with the angel except theorizing that somehow coppersafe killed it.

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
They look good sir & both are eating pellets. I cannot understand what went wrong with the angel except theorizing that somehow coppersafe killed it.
I would say that 3 fish in that small of a tank could have gone through an ammonia spike which would have affected the angel first. Without a test at the time of death I don’t know. I use seachem ammonia alert badges in my QT. Had a 40 gallon breeder that I had three or four smaller fish 3-4” in for 69 days. Moved them into a DT and added 2 6” angels to the same tank within a couple of days. Within 48 hours the ammonia spiked I assume because they had a much higher bio load than the fish I moved out.

I had to move them to a larger system for QT.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 8.7%
Back