Empty snail shells in hard to reach areas

codenfx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some hard to reach areas with couple dead snail shells lingering underneath the main rock structure, it's impossible to take them out by hand without pulling out the whole rockwork and it's blocking pathways for the snails and fish to go through, does anyone have any DIY tools/ideas that can reach in there to grab the shells at different angles like at 90 degree? I have may to pull out the rocks to get to it, just seeing if there's any ideas out there before I do this.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use this all the time for stuff like that. Or frags that fall into the rock work. Adjust to the length you need.

Attachments

• IMG_0519.jpeg
    IMG_0519.jpeg
    308 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
codenfx

codenfx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use this all the time for stuff like that. Or frags that fall into the rock work. Adjust to the length you need.
What is that green handle you're using? Is it flexible that can bend?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have some hard to reach areas with couple dead snail shells lingering underneath the main rock structure, it's impossible to take them out by hand without pulling out the whole rockwork and it's blocking pathways for the snails and fish to go through, does anyone have any DIY tools/ideas that can reach in there to grab the shells at different angles like at 90 degree? I have may to pull out the rocks to get to it, just seeing if there's any ideas out there before I do this.
Blow them out with water bursts from a turkey baster

OP
OP
codenfx

codenfx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blow them out with water bursts from a turkey baster
There’s not enough space to put a turkey baster down there to blow them out.

What about just basic tweezers? They come in various lengths.
I use this from amazon, its great for tight spaces

1692649703658.png
I have a tweezer similar to this. Works great but there are harder to reach areas that this can’t get to.

Most likely I’ll carefully remove the rockwork as I have some frags glued to it. Thanks for the suggestions.

All_talk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd get some stainless steel (or plain steel) wire and bend it to whatever shape needed to poke it out. Hardware or craft store should have something suitable. I'd steer clear of copper or zinc coated types.

OP
OP
codenfx

codenfx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd get some stainless steel (or plain steel) wire and bend it to whatever shape needed to poke it out. Hardware or craft store should have something suitable. I'd steer clear of copper or zinc coated types.
Good idea! This could work.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back