Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Are you ever likely to run out of sand to move dude?"

"Doubtful!"

DSC_0004 (1024x683).jpg

U

User1

View Badges
Very cool fish. Just gets too big for my system. Almost bought one a while back and didn't realize how big they got.

Yeah, they can get large. I was in a local store years ago and the owner had three of them tucked away in his mixed reef tank. It was out of the way and one most shoppers wouldn't come across unless they knew it was there. I saw them and said wow, they are so cool looking when young. He stopped by and said they are, but that they get big and proceeded to say why they are called what they are, etc. It is why he kept them there so people don't buy them, then they grow or disrupt, and bring them back. This way he had a higher success rate of people keeping them.

I would like a pair and have considered it now that I have a 210 gallon tank but still not sure if my rock is properly secured although I think it is. Maybe one day. Then again, maybe not and I'll just enjoy the OP's photo's :D

@najer super awesome job!

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, they can get large. I was in a local store years ago and the owner had three of them tucked away in his mixed reef tank. It was out of the way and one most shoppers wouldn't come across unless they knew it was there. I saw them and said wow, they are so cool looking when young. He stopped by and said they are, but that they get big and proceeded to say why they are called what they are, etc. It is why he kept them there so people don't buy them, then they grow or disrupt, and bring them back. This way he had a higher success rate of people keeping them.

I would like a pair and have considered it now that I have a 210 gallon tank but still not sure if my rock is properly secured although I think it is. Maybe one day. Then again, maybe not and I'll just enjoy the OP's photo's :D

@najer super awesome job!

Thanks, it has changed what I can keep coral wise, not doing well with sps in general currently, I knew what I was getting into when I bought a 3 inch wiggly thing, last time I saw it out was months ago at about 10 inches. ;)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back