Epoxy Overflow

Watevadog5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking it's from the new epoxy putty I used, maybe from some poly filters but either way my skimmer won't stop overflowing. I have tried once a day for the last 3 days and still overflows no matter how I adjust it. I understand it's pretty normal but I'm wondering should I keep it running and overflowing or should I keep it off. I have cleaned the skimmer top to bottom, checked valve etc. Also ran it in my sink downstairs and it runs fine. All suggestions are welcome.

ckozma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes when I am having this problem I have to run the overflow drain from the skimmer cup to a 5 gallon bucket and turn the skimmer all the way down (not the DC pump, just the air adjustability). It will overflow into the bucket for about a gallon or two until whatever contaminant it is the system is removed or lessened. Have a couple of gallons of NSW ready. It isn't just overflowing for fun, there is something bothering it.

TaylorPilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes when I am having this problem I have to run the overflow drain from the skimmer cup to a 5 gallon bucket and turn the skimmer all the way down (not the DC pump, just the air adjustability). It will overflow into the bucket for about a gallon or two until whatever contaminant it is the system is removed or lessened. Have a couple of gallons of NSW ready. It isn't just overflowing for fun, there is something bothering it.

This is what I have fine in the past. Open it all the way up, if DC then turn it all the way down. Slowly turn it up and after you drain the cup a few times it should start to become more manageable. Finally it will start working normally again. GAC is a good suggest as well.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back