Equipment for a 200g tank

symon_say

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I just get this really good price on this 200g tank 72x27x24 with stand for $200, and setting my new tank have just speed up, i have all the equipment from my previews 150g tank and I'll be using that and upgrading as needed, tank will be a mixed reef, mostly LPS and softies. So the equipment i have think of are this:

Return pump: 2 ecothech Vectra s2
Flow: 2 Maxspect gyre fx350 or 2 mp40
Lights: 4 AI Hydra 32, 6 noopsyche k7 or 2 32" reefbreeders V2
Skimmer: Aquamaxx FC-280

What do think of this equipment?? What would you use instead?

This is the tank i bought, tank is scratch less, stand cover needs to be replaced, but everything else is just fine.

20191014_130226.jpg

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two XF-280 gyres. Tbh I was expecting a little more for the money they cost, however I have a peninsula sytle tank and from what I have seen, these pumps would be better being placed one opposite to the other. They do more a ton of water, but I find that the flow patterns never really change (in my tank anyways), and the water flow is always moving in the same direction in my tank which is high up on the surface, then down the back wall and back up the overflow side where the pumps are. The reverse settings on the pumps do not actually work as intended so I never use them.

I feel if you were able to place gyres on opposite sides of each other the flow could be better randomized. The absolute deal breaker for me is how I am unable to connect and conreol my gyres with a controller. I find it far easier to set and customize intensities and times on a controller or laptop than on the small control module it comes with.

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can control Gyres with a controller.

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this helps or not but here's what I've got on my tank:

Lights: 4 x Kessill 360X and 2 48" T5's.
Skimmer: Reef Octopus Regal 200 INT
Return Pump: Current USA EFLUX 6011

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can control Gyres with a controller.

From what I was told by Maxspect, the XF 280 (which I have) cannot be controlled by any controller. Icecap makes a controller adapter for the smaller units, but nothing is available for the XF-280.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 97 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back