Equipment Selection Help Needed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dr.Abag
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dr.Abag

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2023
Messages
89
Reaction score
37
Location
NewZealand
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a 1 year into my reefing hobby and upgrading to my first new tank. I travel a lot and want to make sure that I make it easy for myself and my house mates to look after the tank. They are ok to help me doing maintenance.

Having that in mind, here are two options that I can go for:
Red Sea Max 250 G2 Setup (Tank, Return Pump, Skimmer, ATO, Lights and Wavemaker) all included, and I get a 10% discount.

Mixed Setup (Tank, Return Pump, Skimmer, ATO from Red Sea). Noop Lights and MP40 (Second Hand).

Both these Setup would cost me around 7000$ NZD. Is one predominantly better than other? I have never heard or read anything about Red Sea lights and Noops are being compared here to being better than Radions, Same about the eco tech.

Would the benefits of say the noop lights/ ecotech outweigh the convenience of just getting my wife to look at one app (reef beat). I want to grow basic softies, LPS and maybe someday Basic SPS as well

Thanks
 
uncanny-harbor-film-uncanny-harbor.gif


Ok I'm ready, let the show begin!

All jokes aside, there are way to many threads here on RedSea failures. I personally would never trust one.
 
I do believe all the failures are with the G1 series, not the G2. Do your research on the Red Sea tanks though.
 
Go read all the Red Sea seam failures disaster thread before you decide on a Red Sea.
Yes I have read up on all of that. I am getting a small tank which don't seem to have had the failures and also 5-year warranty on the new ones. We don't have a supplier for CADE here in NZ and the other options are Landen and Water Box. They dont have waterbox tanks and will take 3-6 months for them to get here.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new